• Yes a bit ... but I'm managing it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xmas for me is like any other time in the year... the only thing I stress about is my Xmas avatar ! :D :D

I've bought one (1) present and that's a necklace for my sister ... (and a 156 for my girlfriend ;) )

What about you... do you stress because of Xmas?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
No, I don't stress about Xmas. If I have to buy something I try to do it a couple of weeks before. If I can't make it in time, no problem. Xmas can be every single day of the year. ;)

Pasi, I'm still wating for some pics of your sister. :eek: :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THROTTLEMAN said:
Pasi, I'm still wating for some pics of your sister. :eek: :)
Maybe Santa has something packed for you ;) :p :D :cheese:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Not sure that stressful is the word but this Christmas is going to be very strange. Gibbo jnr is going away to Houston, Texas to spend the holidays with his Mum. He leaves on Thurs 16th and returns on the 4th Jan. This is the first time we have not been together for Christmas and I'm going to miss him like hell. Still, I'm sure he'll have a brilliant time. He's so looking forward to it. He hasn't seen his Mum since August last year. He's a bit worried that he might not recognise her. :)

But that's not stress, stress is trying to bring up a 12 year old on your own, makes Christmas seem like a doddle ;) :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you're going to have a quiet christmas then, eh? ;) :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Pasi said:
Maybe Santa has something packed for you ;) :p :D :cheese:
You're sis is coming to my place? :confused: :D That's great! ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No silly ... Mrs. Santa is coming to you're place... BTW. she's 125 years old :p :p ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
You mean, you're sis is Miss Santa and she's 25 years old... uhm... can't wait! ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :lol: :tut: :mad:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
xmas strangely seems to be the least stressful part of my year, love shopping, love putting up the tree, love pressies, love turkey, love those orange and lemon sugared slices you get........

LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

..oO(maybe i should start an 'i'll arrange christmas for you via a groovy website' service)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Christmas stress is...............

drunkenly saying 'yes' to your best mate about booking a trip in the lake district to go climbing/biking/getting drunk, having a 'lads' holiday over new year and then realising that you're MEANT to be taking your girlfriend skiing in Slovakia.......

Oh bugger.......especially when BOTH things have been booked for me already........bugger, bugger, bugger........

:( :( :(

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Never stress about Xmas at all. The Mrs does all the obligatory gift buying and sending of cards. I don't think we are going to even bother getting each other anything. I mean guys, when you have been together for so long you have pretty much exhausted all possibilities of new and ingenious pressie ideas. However, if anyone has any serious nice ideas I would welcome any. ;)

@Gibbo - oh hum... but play a little during this festive period as if you were a teenager again with no responsibilities :D ;)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Something for the Scrooges to identify with......

Santa's Bad Day

The Birth of a Tradition

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip, but there were problems everywhere.

Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her mom was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of
little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door. He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Gibbo said:
Yes its going to be very quiet this year
Gibbo, count on us if it might look a bit sade for you. We'll be here to cheer you up. :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gibbo said:
Yes its going to be very quiet this year
is that good or bad?? :confused:

If it gets too quiet you could travel to Finland ;) I'd buy you a beer ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Pasi said:
is that good or bad?? :confused:

If it gets too quiet you could travel to Finland ;) I'd buy you a beer ;)

I'm willing to buy you some Lego Pepsi, if you promise to sort that Avatar out :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kurzon said:
I'm willing to buy you some Lego Pepsi, if you promise to sort that Avatar out :D
Hey mr. Flashy Eye Cyclops, I think you are just jealous of my beautiful avatar :p :p :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts