Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got my V6 Brera back from the body shop. A lorry had swiped it while it was parked by the road. I had really missed it for the last two weeks. The 2.0d X3, provided by the (clueless) contract repairs company was a drag!!!!

Getting back behind the wheel is a pleasure!!!

I can thoroughly recommend the body shop: Shelby's in Fulham. Top job!

I just wanted to share that. I have a smile on my face again!

N

·
0 Posts
Ahh, nice one.

Mmmm X3, bet you felt right at home driving
into work with that "beauty". :thumbs:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a 30grand car, the X3 felt very bargain basement. Useless engine too. I thought diesels were supposed to have very flat response across the revs with (comparatively) more lower end torque? Not this one. I kept stalling the bugger, to be honest, and there was no power until 2500 revs.

Also, for a high vehicle, surprisingly awkward to get in and out of.

Poo really.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
ARTG, if there was no response below 2,500rpm I would think there is something wrong with it, it should be noticeably by on boost by 1,600rpm or so and pulling well. EGR slightly stuck open would give that effect..

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
ARTG, if there was no response below 2,500rpm I would think there is something wrong with it, it should be noticeably by on boost by 1,600rpm or so and pulling well. EGR slightly stuck open would give that effect..
Who cares it's a fricking bodyshop BMW loaner :rolleyes:

Glad you have a smile on your face again ARTG :thumbs:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
My Brera always puts a smile on mine mate :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

I just drove to work and it was great. I worked from home a lot during the last fortnight....

Who cares it's a fricking bodyshop BMW loaner :rolleyes:
Quite. My job isn't to test-drive BMW courtesy cars.

Although it was provided, not by the body shop, but by a dedicated contract company who only deal in repairs of "prestige vehicles". The beemer was hardly a privilege to drive!!!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
OK then...

Who cares it's a fricking dedicated contract company BMW loaner :rolleyes:

:p

:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure I should admit this here, but I bought a X3 2.0d new a couple of years ago and rather enjoyed it.

Thought it drove well, great engine but poor build prepared to previous beemers.

But, as Nomad said, 'Who cares, it was a loaner':lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Not sure I should admit this here, but I bought a X3 2.0d new a couple of years ago and rather enjoyed it.

Thought it drove well, great engine but poor build prepared to previous beemers.
Heretic! get the bonfire going! :mad: :mad:

The reason for the shoddy build is probably down to
those Austrians at Magna Steyr.

:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

All I can say is: I am really glad to be back behind the wheel of my Brera.

Well, actually I can't help adding: are you sure that you thought it drove well. And the engine? Well, maybe mine wasn't in too good health. Agreed about the build quality. Modern beemers are not as solid as they were ten years ago, it seems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts