Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I cant coment on the leak stop as I've never used it but the fluid you want if your sticking to the red stuff is dextron 2 or 3 atf spec fluid. Euro car parts will do it along with any motor factors, its very commonly used.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havnt replaced it myself but the liquid in there atm is more of a yellow/green/ colour? so i was guessing they changed it over also as the res is the black one with red cap

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Using stop leak on a leaking steering rack with be like putting a Band-Aid on after you have severed your leg....a temporary reprieve from fluid loss at very best and most like will do nothing! Unless your leak is caused by shrinking seals (expanding old seals it pretty much all these type of treatments do) then it wont help. Mostly they leak due to corrosion on the shafts cutting the seals....no amount of stop leak will cure that.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
That fuid doesnt look like its been changed in quit a while. The color of the cap doesnt mean anything but I would put red in there but dont get your hopes up, if it does stop it from leakng I dont expct i wil last.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts