Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to diagnose where the leak is coming from in my 147, both foot wells are damp. Definitely not coming from the scuttle drain hole or the door cards/seals. I'm led to believe that these holes behind the wheel arches should have a rubber bung? Neither of my wheel arches have a bung and it appears water is free to go wherever it wants!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Had a look on Eper and can't see a part listed, maybe try Autolusso or a breaker, be easy to pop a couple out of an old car.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Trying to diagnose where the leak is coming from in my 147, both foot wells are damp. Definitely not coming from the scuttle drain hole or the door cards/seals. I'm led to believe that these holes behind the wheel arches should have a rubber bung? Neither of my wheel arches have a bung and it appears water is free to go wherever it wants!
Yes there should be a bung there, not the first time I have seen this. I have seen them when they have been pushed in. Any 147 will has the right size bung, stick it in with silicon though

Ned

·
Registered
129 Posts
Where is this exactly located and can I access it without removing the wheel and/or lifting the car?

Ive been having a leak since I got my 147, and still havent found a solution.

Its none of the usual stuff (scuttle drains, heater matrix, air condition, door card/seals, sunroof, windscreen)

Im pretty sure its something like a bung or cover missing, but sadly I don't know where to check, and most body shops either refuse to work on it, or need to keep the car for more than a week which is not possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts