Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this Etna or standard black? What's the difference? I like the glossy look of this so I hope its the no-cost colour!

IMG_1349.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's difficult to tell tbh. I've got Etna black ('twas a factory c*ck-up, I ordered plain black). In overcast or low light situations, it looks black. When the sun is shining, or you're under some bright lights - in a car park for instance - the redness of the flake emphasises the lines of the car superbly - it puts a bronze coloured glow around the shape of the car...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's difficult to tell tbh. I've got Etna black ('twas a factory c*ck-up, I ordered plain black). In overcast or low light situations, it looks black. When the sun is shining, or you're under some bright lights - in a car park for instance - the redness of the flake emphasises the lines of the car superbly - it puts a bronze coloured glow around the shape of the car...
Can you tell from this shot?

IMG_1347.jpg

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As TrevB says, it is difficult to tell from that photo.
It does look nice and shiny though and those 18" silver turbines suit it perfectly :)
For those that care, the 18" wheels are the only way to go. I'm actually disappointed at how small the 17" wheels look because on the MiTo they look just right whereas the 16" on the MiTo looks a tad too small. But the Giulietta body shape makes the 18's look like 17's.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/317748-cars-been-delivered.html

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/298923-giulietta-colour-picture-thread.html

There are pics here of standard black and etna in these.
It is almost impossible to tell from a photo though.
If you see one in real life on a normal overcast day it is difficult to tell from a distance but if look close you will see the metalic flecks in Etna.
Thanks. Looks like the Etna black has a texture look to it as in its not just deep glossy black. Think I prefer the wet glossy black look, especially after a proper wax job.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
That looks like regular 601 black to me.. from that shot of the front I'd expect to see a red-brown-bronze hint if it was Etna.

In any case, it looks like 601, whatever it is... and if you like that car, then you like 601.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
I'd get to a dealer to take a look. I was a little disappointed with the base black, but then loved etna
I find a solid paint slightly flattens the bulbous surfaces of the body;I paid extra(!) for Alfa red mainly for this reason.And I agree with the earlier comment about the 18" wheels as the sheer scale of the car needs them,even if it does increase fuel consumption etc...

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
hello, if that is a friend's car ask them to pop the bonnet and look under there should be a BASF paint code ;)
+1 it's got to be the easiest way to tell. If I was a betting man I'd say flat black though. Even though it's low light I'd still expect to see just a hint of red on the creases.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I find a solid paint slightly flattens the bulbous surfaces of the body;I paid extra(!) for Alfa red mainly for this reason.And I agree with the earlier comment about the 18" wheels as the sheer scale of the car needs them,even if it does increase fuel consumption etc...
Off topic I know but the 18's don't look that big - just right if anything. Find this weird though cos cars like the Scirocco which is a chubby car makes its wheels look massive but I reckon the ones I see on the road are probably 17 and 18s.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Yes my 18s look in proportion with the Alfa but parked next to a neighbours 1 series you realise the Giulietta is quite big.The waistline is high as is the front wing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts