Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 164'ers,

Have a question regarding the auto transmission tunnel. Are the letters for P,R,N,D,2 and 1 supposed to light up at night when the lights are on? Mine don't and I have to either look at the display under the speedo, or use The Force and guess.

I expect that there are not many of you with autos out there, but better to ask than suffer in silence ( or the dark, in this case. )

Cheers
:cool:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hi 164'ers,

Have a question regarding the auto transmission tunnel. Are the letters for P,R,N,D,2 and 1 supposed to light up at night when the lights are on? Mine don't and I have to either look at the display under the speedo, or use The Force and guess.

I expect that there are not many of you with autos out there, but better to ask than suffer in silence ( or the dark, in this case. )

Cheers
:cool:

I would expect them to light up, but when I had an auto, it was completely instinctive as to what gear was engaged:rolleyes:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting used to the order - but sometimes you can't feel if the selector has slotted past one of the options. It is quite smooth, so you really need to look.

I like everything on my cars to work and didn't want to wrestle with the plastic cover ( is that the familiar sound of snapping Italian plastic I hear? ) for nothing, just for the sake of investigating. As everything else lights up, you would think that that would too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts