Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sticking a 2.5v6 into a widebody 1.8 16v stripping it out and making it a track beast?

how difficult and expensive would the engine conversion be?

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
even better than that, you could buy a real cheap V6 155 and strip that out - V6 will have bigger brakes than the 1.8 16v I think. :D

Or a nice project is the 3.0 164 V6 in to a 155, its been done and aparently the results are amazing! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im bidding on a maroon v6 on ebay but its a skinny so im gonna swap the lot over to my nordic blue if i win.

i have considered the 3.0 from the 164 but cant find one anywhere!

B

·
0 Posts
iceblue182 said:
sticking a 2.5v6 into a widebody 1.8 16v stripping it out and making it a track beast?

how difficult and expensive would the engine conversion be?
i have got a v6 that i might sell it is a 1996 v6 it has had the belt done the body work has been painted not very well but it is all there it is all good it needs the clutch master changed it has had new clutch the gear box has been re built new discs pads wishbones trackrods droplinks the engine tapets make some noise it is rosso red it has just had a service plugs oil filter air filter mot and tax 150000 miles if you would like some photos drop me a line [email protected] thanks jeff

M

·
0 Posts
I'm looking at cars at the mo, can't remember where i've pulled these from (the 'net is a laaaarge place) but they're current in the last couple of days:
(And nothing to do with me i might add!)

Alfa Romeo 164 3litre V6 Lusso 1989 F reg, good dark grey metallic bodywork, very strong engine, stupidly fast, a few smmall scratches on bodywork, leather interior scuffed by small childrens shoes, drivers seat worn, and wing mirror needs replacing, but all panels are straight, generally very presentable and goes like a rocket £500
Location Streatham, London Home Telephone 02073500938 Mobile Telephone 07733263843

91 (J) ALFA ROMEO 164 3.0 V6 Lusso 4dr Saloon, Black, Manual, Petrol, ABS, AirCon / Climate, Alloys, CD Player, Central Locking, Electric Windows and Mirrors, PAS, Sunroof, Mot August.150 mph and fully loaded for just £425!! Drives looks and sounds superb. £425. Telephone: 01788 823553 Nothants

ALFA ROMEO 164 3.0 V6, Lusso, fsh, mot July, Tax September. A/c, e/w, c/l, esr, e/s front & rear, Zender alloys, new tyres, owned and cared for by Alfa enthusiast. £800. (Caerphilly) - (wadt-19-6888) Tel: (07092) 715436 Town: Caerphilly FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=" Postcode: CF83

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bush 155 yhm amd mt thanks for those, ill get on the phone.

mmmmmm3.0v6 and no weight...... i'll buy that for a dollar!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well everyone I have taken the first step.

I got a 155 v6 for £200 of ebay needs some work here and there but it should come up trumps.

now where did i leave that brasso? I need to polish my inlet manifolds....

·
Registered
10 Posts
AlfaJack said:
even better than that, you could buy a real cheap V6 155 and strip that out - V6 will have bigger brakes than the 1.8 16v I think. :D

Or a nice project is the 3.0 164 V6 in to a 155, its been done and aparently the results are amazing! :D

Do you know what has to be done to put the 3.0 V6 into a 155 2.0 TS widebody?
Or any links to anyone who´s done it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great work iceblue!
I´ll be waiting with excitement to see how things work out for you. I might be about to do something similar, IF I can get the time...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers all

I start work on saturday so ill try and post an update.

First problems are an undertermined oil leak form the bottom of the engine and very very holey coling system!

Mike buckler will be getting a call!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts