Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
That looks like a nice car. If you can afford it have it! As for the insurance they are both group 13 so you should be ok :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd be highly suspicious

Mine was an ex-demo, bought with 7K on the clock for just over £21k at Mangos in December 07

If it's not dodgy then I'm going to be slightly peeved at that level of depreciation, to say the least! :wow:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Values are plummeting, so if you're looking to buy it's a good time, but remember they are likely to carry on falling fast, so be prepared to take a hit if you don't keep them for long.

4x4s are obviously the worst, then anything else in the higher RFL bracket. Even the trade have been shying away from big diesels like Audis fantastic 3.0 Tdi.

Small cars and 1.9 diesels are best news for the immediate future IMO.;) No one wants to pay more than £200 a year for RFL and poor MPG is always going to be a residual killer.

So far though, I think 159 is holding up relatively well, for an Alfa :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Yep the trade in values being so low reaffirms my plan: I'm planning on keeping my Brera for a long time! I'll probably stick a turbo on for her 3rd birthday present! She's running like a dream after 11,000 miles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep the trade in values being so low reaffirms my plan: I'm planning on keeping my Brera for a long time! I'll probably stick a turbo on for her 3rd birthday present! She's running like a dream after 11,000 miles.
In light of this, that sounds like a decent route to go down to me! Although I'd probably go down the supercharger route with AD. Let's wait and see how the price of fuel goes first though, ey!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 JTS TI - Alfa Romeo Canterbury Alfa Romeo

Are Ti's really this cheap now?? If so what a bargain and bye bye the 1.8...........well if I can insure it at 24 for a reasonable price!!!!
I thought the TI didn't start till 57 plates ?....must have been a very, very early one.

The JTS engine is high on tax, poor on fuel and not particularly quick....in the current market that ain't good news i'm afraid :(

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Amplifies that the petrols are not in favour on teh market these days.

As one of the original 'special edition' Ti's its a better spec than a new one.

When I was looking in December / January the demonstrators were stiffly priced, but at that time there was no hint that a Ti was going to end up as a regular production model and teh dealers were bullish.

It was actually cheaper to lease a new one than buy a used one with all the factors worked in and those factors are probably worse now, so although I am tied in, I am protected from plummeting residuals.

By the way, did you know that there are now so so many 320d's on the road that the residuals are the same as a Mondeo?
They have went from the 40's % to the mid 30's

·
Registered
325 Posts
159 didn't float your boat then?
TBH honest I wanted a 159 when I started looking but no especially a SW or a Diesel (this is my first Oiler?!) The cars great - I got it for an absolute bargain price privately (12 mths old.) Hence why I bought it - have to say the SW is great for lugging my youngest pushchair in but I just cannot get used to the sound of the Diesel. I have 25 years 'experience' of red-lining small italian sportscars around and I would prefer a petrol especially the Ti with the lowered looks and those wheels..........give me 12 months to convince the wife :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
TBH honest I wanted a 159 when I started looking but no especially a SW or a Diesel (this is my first Oiler?!) The cars great - I got it for an absolute bargain price privately (12 mths old.) Hence why I bought it - have to say the SW is great for lugging my youngest pushchair in but I just cannot get used to the sound of the Diesel. I have 25 years 'experience' of red-lining small italian sportscars around and I would prefer a petrol especially the Ti with the lowered looks and those wheels..........give me 12 months to convince the wife :D
Thought you just said you wanted a BMW 320d? - that is also a diesel?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can see where a 1.9 159 doesn't exactly set your pants on fire.

Variety is best if you can do that, save the cost of changing the 159 and keep it for mile munching, then get a toy for the weekend and track days :D

Tell the missus that you've already lost a shed load in depreciation, but the car is still great, cheap to fuel and tax. Choose a toy wisely and you can also tell her you get cheap classic car insurance and zero depreciation. Like a low risk investment you will always be prepared to cash it in when she needs a new kitchen.......or not :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
originally posted by cj romeo
As one of the original 'special edition' Ti's its a better spec than a new one.

In standard guise, but unfortunately no Bose option or choice of leather colour:(

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'd be highly suspicious

Mine was an ex-demo, bought with 7K on the clock for just over £21k at Mangos in December 07

If it's not dodgy then I'm going to be slightly peeved at that level of depreciation, to say the least! :wow:
Mango's are certainly not the cheapest, I saved a couple of grand and got a better car by shopping around.

Looks a very nice car for the money, be careful that its not an ex trackday car. I was at Oulton Park the other week and most of the xars had less than 600 miles on the clock.

Just had a look at the Glasses Guid Px prices, bloody poor

Alfa Romeo 159 TI
2.2 Petrol 4-door Saloon
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2007 07
Mileage: 4,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £12950

Average condition: £11550

Below average condition: £10300

1 - 20 of 36 Posts