Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I'm a newbie here, as per my posting in the introductions section, I'm looking to get an Alfa and am favouring the 159.

I've run a quote through for a 159 1.9JTDm Lusso and Axa came at best at £300~. I'm 38, I'm obviously after comprehensive cover and assuming 5 years NCB from a company car. This sounds pretty reasonable to me on the face of it.

Does anyone Axa's stand on me having an ECU remap done? Would it be more beneficial to go with someone like Adrian Flux - but I can't imagine they'll be price-competitive? I'm not after heavily modifying the car, just driveability improvements and an extra 30bhp or so. Sorry for the dumb questions - I've not had to buy insurance for well over 10 years, I'd forgotten what I was missing!

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Doesn't sound tooo bad. Definately keep trying the usual suspects of the comparison sites. Is this going to be a main car or second car?
The remap.. To tell or not to tell, that is the dilemma.. Apart from you whose going to know? It's the what if's or maybes that crop up..Down to you.

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Hi folks

I'm a newbie here, as per my posting in the introductions section, I'm looking to get an Alfa and am favouring the 159.

I've run a quote through for a 159 1.9JTDm Lusso and Axa came at best at £300~. I'm 38, I'm obviously after comprehensive cover and assuming 5 years NCB from a company car. This sounds pretty reasonable to me on the face of it.

Does anyone Axa's stand on me having an ECU remap done? Would it be more beneficial to go with someone like Adrian Flux - but I can't imagine they'll be price-competitive? I'm not after heavily modifying the car, just driveability improvements and an extra 30bhp or so. Sorry for the dumb questions - I've not had to buy insurance for well over 10 years, I'd forgotten what I was missing!

Paul
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to get one of our quotes team to give you a call back.
We should have to many problems with the ECU remap.
Regards,
Dan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts