Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of getting a power remap. The place that fitted my exhaust in Trim will do it for €270. Is that good/bad/average..:confused:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Was thinking of getting a power remap. The place that fitted my exhaust in Trim will do it for €270. Is that good/bad/average..:confused:
What sort of increase are they talking about? Are they going to rolling road it before and after to compare results?

P

·
0 Posts
I read somewhere that unless you have forced induction the power gains to be had in relation to the money spent just isnt worth it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I don't think I'd map it unless you have it on a rolling road and can see the before and after. The last thing you want is a big lump of power in one spot and nothing everywhere else.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Good advice lads... Might have a rethink... :thumbs:
My dad used to say to me when I was a kid:
"What's wrong son? Is the money burning a hole in your pocket?"

George buy yourself a project, you have a nice garage and keep yourself occupied that way...

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
€270 sounds 'cheap' for any kind of remap.

I wasn't aware that there were any significant benefits to remapping a TS....

D

·
0 Posts
Get Joe Power to map, Never heard of the lads in trim in all my years round modded cars ever doing remaps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anybody will be organizing any group remap? I would be interested in doing two if something will be going on:cool:

D

·
0 Posts
By the sounds of it, they don't actually map the car they just upload a map from where ever they get them from, sounds like a generic map for the car.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
They have a decent setup out there but I dont like the thought of remapping without the dyno proof to show whats going on and where exactly the gains are being made.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Was talking to someone on here who chipped their ECU cheaply with a Czech guy from [email protected] if you're interested.He didn't get much more power,but better throttle response a bit more grunt low down.Basically he pointed me in the direction of flashing the ECU told me to buy a cable off ebay,read the file off the ECU email it to him,he'd rewrite it and send it back.He also gave me the option of sending me a chip to solder into the ECU.Did a little more homework and if you have any power interuptions or whatever while flashing the ECU you could accidentally erase it!Not good..I have a mechanic friend with an Evo who does stuff like that all the time,he reckons it's fine,but it makes me a little nervous.I'm making an induction kit at the mo,so would like a remap at some point.Wouldn't say you'll get much more out of it anyway,so don't fancy spending silly money on it..I suspect the file yer man was going to sell me for 40 pounds is probably the same as what that garage is using.At least if they make a mess of it you have some recourse though.

D

·
0 Posts
They have a decent setup out there but I dont like the thought of remapping without the dyno proof to show whats going on and where exactly the gains are being made.
I'd be of the same opinion. A map can kill a car and/or make them worse. I know some of the diesel maps out there are useless. So I'd prefer to go to someone who has a reputation rather than their own website bumpf.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might just leave the mapping to Google then, and spend me cash on something equally as useless... Like the missus..:mygrin1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts