Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always fancied a 75 since my mate test drove one at Mango's 20+ years ago. Doubt I could afford it (£10,000 for a garage to put it in, plus a divorce settlement if I went ahead and bought it) but does this look legit?

Can't be an AO member or would be for sale on here? Is it really 3500 of 3500 or have they brought a cheap plaque from Timpsons?

1992 ALFA ROMEO 75 2.0 Twin Spark 4dr Saloon

·
Registered
37,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hang on, just noticed 3 75s for sale on AT, one with a dealer for a brain numbing £6,000 - registration J963JEU, the one above is an earlier registration, but allegedley the last one made?

I suppose they could have been registered out of sequence?

Anyone know either car?

·
Registered
37,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I think he is :)

"Rare alfa 75 le last 1 made 3500 out 3500 plaque on the dash to confirm great investment"

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
looks like someone selling cars out of their back garden. I would be very careful and get it checked out thoroughly before I even thought about buying it.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Looks like an LE, so the plaque would be genuine.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
It's also on eBay as a Buy It Now at £200 less than the Autotrader ad.....there's a best offer option too.

There's isn't a clear picture of the driver's seat, which (in that Recaro version) get wrecked (the grey gets worn ouot revealing the black cloth beneath or even the foam!) in the middle of the seat and centre of the backrest. I'd want to make sure that's OK before having a proper look.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Hang on, just noticed 3 75s for sale on AT, one with a dealer for a brain numbing £6,000 - registration J963JEU, the one above is an earlier registration, but allegedley the last one made?

I suppose they could have been registered out of sequence?

Anyone know either car?
The £2000 car is claimed to be the last LE 3500/3500, but the other later registered car doesn't claim to be an LE at all, and doesn't have the LE interior....but does have some very nice leather seats.

J

·
0 Posts
this has been sale for a while now, from what i can remember at least 4 months and the first time it was up for sale it was up for about £3500......

This has been talked about on here as well....i cant remember what lounge but the owner was/is a member on here

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
this has been sale for a while now, from what i can remember at least 4 months and the first time it was up for sale it was up for about £3500......

This has been talked about on here as well....i cant remember what lounge but the owner was/is a member on here
LisaBeetle..............threads in 75 lounge:)

A

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't be dragged in by LE badges. They are worthless. Judge the car on its condition full stop. I have to pinch myself thats its over 20 years since I took delivery of my 75TS in blue metallic, with sunroof, revolution alloys and a tow bar.

I know time gives you rose tinted specs, but I loved that car, far from perfect though it was. Remember spares are pretty difficult these days. There were not many about at the best of times. All the same, if you find a really nice one, go for it, and don't pay a lot.

Actually that red ones looks OK. The wheels are shot, but that is no surprise. It looked as though the offside plastic wheelarch extension was cracked/damaged at the rear, but the piccy wasn't quite clear enough. Engine looks clean. I did 80,000 miles in 2 years in mine. I'd need to know why its been off the road for so long 'storage' doesn't convince me much.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
37,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Guys! :thumbs:

Should have heard the "What do you want a third car on the drive for?" ear-bending I got :lol:

Still, I can dream!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts