Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing off the engine re-install and have not had problems with other parts of the electrical system. BUT, this connector is refusing to connect!
I definitely have it the right way round (it can only go one way) but it the male part just doesn't want to do its duty and connect with the female part - it seems as though something is obstructing it but I can't see what! The tabs are not bent, for example.

It was hard to get apart so maybe it needs brute force but I don't like to do that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Are you sure this doesnt have or isnt supposed to have a latch to lever it together like the ABS ECU connector ?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you might be right, there are what look like guide tracks inside the female part. There was nothing like a lever when I took it apart, though.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
It has a latch. It is at the top of the right hand plug in your picture - looks like the “end” of the plug. Pull it out, and the two halves will go together. Push it back in to lock them.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a latch. It is at the top of the right hand plug in your picture - looks like the “end” of the plug. Pull it out, and the two halves will go together. Push it back in to lock them.
RXE, you have no idea how happy that made me, thank you! I had been lying awake thinking about searching the garage for a lost clip or lever so this piece of information lit up my day :party:

Once I slid that latch it went together very easily. For future reference, here it is:

·
Registered
584 Posts
glad all is resolved, big question is when does she get started after the rebuild ?

well done for following up with the 'for future reference' pics. helps no end for the next person with this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts