Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit of a regular on this forum and love my Alfa's but my green twinnie has one of the non OE sunroofs by van someone or other. As such it does not have the drain pipes that the Alfa one has. If left outside in torrential rain I usually get a wet lap when turning left or right as water drips from the sunroof control panel. I've tried cleaning all round the glass , checking all the rubber bits but still I get wet. I think this may have been touched upon before but my sunroof is not OE supplied rather the unit that British dealers put in on the early P1 cars. Help as always appreciated.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Get a tube of bathroom sealant and go all around the edge with it.

Then remove the fuse for the motor.

Or you could try sourcing new rubber seals and cleaning up around the edge.

I have had no end of problems will sunroofs fitted to cars, so I tend to avoid cars fitted with them. They are a liability once a car gets older IMO.

G

·
You can also get tubes of black windscreen sealer that will do the job.
Nearly all aftermkt sunroofs at some stage fail.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right! I don't want to mastick the unit shut, I'd like it work again. If I have to purchase another full unit and have it fitted I will but slapping a load of silicone round it isn't going to work for me. I'm going to have to tuck her back up in her garage and get another car to commute in.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
He's a good tip, well it worked for me anyway !!

Use back to black on the door seals as it puts oils back into the rubber and helps keep the rain out.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep that's my next 'try' and I'll let you know. Two showers in one morning is not necessary even for a country boy like me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts