Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Have finally found and bought a new centre console trim, gear trim and steering wheel trim for the 159. I have the Tourismo base model with grotty plastic trim. I have scuffed it a few times and the black under colour comes out badly. Yuk.
So, found a scrappers in Oxford stripping a 159 Lusso, made an offer on the trim. They are sending me the entire cabin trim, including dash board etc..

Has anyone done this job before? If so do you have nay guidance??? Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Also understand the steering wheel trim is a dodgy one, air bag issues. Might ask someone in the know to do that one.

New wheels and new trim on Monday....the only Lusso Tourismo out there....does that make it a Lussismo? ;)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts....anyone.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was thinking about same thing cos I've got 06 turismo i plastics are not nice any more. ant ideas where i can find them and how much they cost??

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'm sure I've seen a 'how to' on this forum but did not find it in a search.

The gear surround is simply a case of unclipping the material from just below the gear knob and then pulling the whole surround panel upward with a sharp tug. It is just held by spring clips. You will then see the lower screws for the center console panel. The upper screws are behind the two outside air vents. The vents can be carefully pulled out to gain access. Remove the radio and there is a screw behind it. I think that is then it.

Steering wheel I have no experience of.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Once my carbon fibre interior is ready I'll be seeing how to do this too.:D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Any thoughts....anyone.....
Are you going to the record attempt on Sun? I'll be happy to show you how it all comes apart.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
There is a link somewhere on here for the elearn 159 workshop manual. I've got it and there is a section on interior trim. Had a quick look and it involves taking out the vents, radio and A/C unit to expose the securing bolts for the trim itself.

Here's a few screen shots.

Trim 1.JPG

trim2.JPG

It's worth trying to get a copy of this software.

J

·
0 Posts
Will be happy to help / guide you if needed. Have some experience in this.
All the best John.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, huge thanks for the support on this one.
I might just trademark the new name, forget numbers, I want a new Alfa called the "Lussismo"!

Twissler and Mark, appreciate the links and posts, this will be really helpful.

Gurjit, the original trim in my car is the standard radio console.

RBT2005, I got the trim form here:
Oxford and Aylesbury Auto Salvage Motor Salvage Dealers Vehicle Parts Dismantlers Used Car Spares Scrap Car Breakers End Of Life Vehicles ELVs UK

The bloke I spoke to was veryhelpful. Price was fantastic as well. They booked it in for a TNT delivery as I was on the phone. Worth a call for sure. They have a red 159 Lusso with front end damage that they are stripping.

And finally, john.ferrari, I may very well be PMing you as i do the job next weekend!! Hugely appreciated.

Will do a photo "how to" if it would help anyone else in the future.

Cheers all. :thumbs:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hy-jack the thread a bit but If I can change the centre console trim does that mean I can retro fit an alfa sat nav to my 159?

I'm looking into the carbon trims too. Gotta love the carbon !

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Sorry to hy-jack the thread a bit but If I can change the centre console trim does that mean I can retro fit an alfa sat nav to my 159?

I'm looking into the carbon trims too. Gotta love the carbon !
If the Sat Nav is anything like my Brera Sat Nav. You don't want to waste your time and money doing it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a link somewhere on here for the elearn 159 workshop manual. I've got it and there is a section on interior trim. Had a quick look and it involves taking out the vents, radio and A/C unit to expose the securing bolts for the trim itself.

Here's a few screen shots.

View attachment 85601

View attachment 85602

It's worth trying to get a copy of this software.
sorry guys, but I have automatic gear box and I have the same problem - I could not find information about How can I remove knob of selector gearbox. does onybody know how can i do it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the std sat nav that bad?

I'd put in a aftermarket one but I like to keep it looking original and really like the Blue and Me system so don't want to lose that

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Is the std sat nav that bad?

I'd put in a aftermarket one but I like to keep it looking original and really like the Blue and Me system so don't want to lose that
Yes, especially if you've ever used anything like a TomTom or Garmin.

It has an integrated phone with it too that requires a SIM card, so not sure you can have it and Blue & Me? I'd glady have the blue & me stuff and lose it and just have a TomTom stuck to my window (which is what I do anyway).

Not sure how easy it would be to add one or remove it for that matter, as I get most of the system menus on the sat nav screen and not on the red dashboard screen which only has a limited set of menus. Took me ages to work out where the full menus were!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts