Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wouldn't mind sparing an hour sometime to show a potential owner round their car?

Hello all - been a member/lurker on AO for a while. I'm considering a 3 litre GTV as my next car (amongst others) and before I go traipsing off finding some from the classifieds, I'd very much appreciate it if any owners nearby might be able to let me have a look at their car at some point! I'd just like a nose round and a chat with the owner, see if I fit, familiarise myself with the engine bay, interior etc, find out what they think. If they also want to take me for a spin up the road ill gladly stick a tenner of fuel in their car too to pay for their time!

Theres only so much you can gain from reviews RE handling, noise, ride, space etc, and I dont know anyone who owns one, nor have I ever sat in one.

If you also happen to be considering a popular small 2 seat Japanese Sportscar I'll happily repay the favour! :lol:

I'm perfectly normal, plenty of people on other forums will vouch for me, not going to stalk you or anything promise!
If I do buy one, I'm also hoping theres an active club/forum community in the local area, if not, I'll see to it! Organised a fair few events/meets/early morning hoons with previous clubs. I'm a driver, not a "meet in carparks'er".

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Welcome to the region, if you do get an alfa keep an eye on the yorkshire event lounge.

Once the January 5 weeks without a wage mnth is out the way ill start throwing some meet ideas up in the lounge.

Theres also the northern italian car night that runs thoughout the summer at a pub in brighouse.

Sean

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you want to poke/prod my GTV I'm happy to take into Leeds for you one day; I park on Whitehall Road from 06:00 to 15:00 most days. It's only a 2.0 litre but dimensions/driving position is the same for 2.0 and 3.0. If you want to hear/drive a V6 I can do the same with 156 2.5 or 166 3.0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all!

Sean - will do, I'd kind of presumed there would be some kind of local contingent. Its been more than 5 weeks for me, more like 7 (new job over Christmas) so looking forward to some hooning this weekend!

Chris - thanks - I'm generally also at work during those time periods, although I could possibly make it on a Friday afternoon. Will keep it in mind! Any more for any more!?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Hey ups, I'm in Huddersfield about half an hour from Leeds. Mine is a V6 standard apart from Q2 diff and loud Ragazzon exhaust.
Let me know

Simon ( and i'm not weird either )

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
you could meet up with me at the same time mines a v6 too standard exept for powerflex rear
chris is only half hour away so theres a 2.0l 3.0l and a 3.2l

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
im a bit weird though :mad:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
This is beginning to sound like a service station meet up lol. Oh and by Saturday t time mine will have de-restricted front pipes and a sports cat fitted !!! Hmmm more power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Simon - Huddersfield would be fine. Are you gonna be fitting your exhaust at home? If so that might be a good time for me to pop over to have a good nosey/lend a hand!?

Be great to hear one with a sports flute on it, as thats exactly what I'd be doing to mine if I got one, lots of tweaking/refurbing/rebuilding etc.

Are you about at the weekend or Friday afternoon at all?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Hey up Pal. Can't do Friday working. Saturday car is in body shop having bits fitted as mentioned before. Can do Sunday afternoon if your interested ?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Thanks all!

Sean - will do, I'd kind of presumed there would be some kind of local contingent. Its been more than 5 weeks for me, more like 7 (new job over Christmas) so looking forward to some hooning this weekend!

Chris - thanks - I'm generally also at work during those time periods, although I could possibly make it on a Friday afternoon. Will keep it in mind! Any more for any more!?
Haha, you're a regular on pistonheads iirc? I went to a couple of the monthly meets they used to have in Drightlington with Bobda (on there and here).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts