Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed yesterday that the top 3 rear heating element strips have stopped working when i demist the screen.

Can i have something done to rectify this?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Have a look to see if there is a break in the elements,if there is,you can use a liquid metal brush on paint that we use to repair circuit boards.:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a look to see if there is a break in the elements,if there is,you can use a liquid metal brush on paint that we use to repair circuit boards.:)
Thanks ALFA TUNER, i don't want to sound thick but do i just paint over the break with a very thin brush? :confused:

Also do you do proxy alignments and how much would it cost please?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes and Yes,what have you changed and it needs proxy aligning?:)
Thanks.....I had to replace my 02 sensors originally they were the initial faults found on a diagnostic test by indie dealer, who tried reseting, but oddometer kept flashing no other faults were found . I then replaced the drivers side electric window module myself( mirror adjustment stopped working), now on start up the alarm light stays on for 30 sec's at random times (oddometer constantly flashes).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks romeoraider will have a look at that too. :thumbs:
If you can see a small break in the the element strips, with some careful masking I've used this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRO-CONNE...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item1e594158b1 in the past with reasonable success.
Just been outside and check the three culprit elements, yup there is a tiny break in each line :mad:

Just ordered that stuff on ebay, many thanks romeoraider and ALFA TUNER for rectifying my problem....:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts