Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a standard exhaust to replace mine on my TS, is the catback exhaust from V6 the same as a TS exhaust?

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think the flange that attaches the exhaust to the Cat is different.

On the V6 there are 3 bolts, on the TS only 2.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
After the cat on a TS there is a small silencer, then the centre section and rear section which you can use the V6 one, on the V6 it has a longer cat and then the centre and rear section.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a similar question! I bought my spider with a new exhaust. The previous owner had it put on. but the tail pipe touches the bottom of the bumper, and the back box is on an angle pointing up at the tail pipe.

I had some work done at simplyalfas and they said they would have a look. they found that where the back box meets the centre section the bore sizes are different. Simplyalfas said that most probably they ordered one bit for a v6 and one bit for a ts (by mistake). it doesnt cause me a problem as such but i think sooner or later it will melt the bumper! and it blows slightly in the middle.

What is the best way of fixing this?? Ive been looking at exhausts and they are expsnsive even in sections! what i have now is new so if i could fix it some how as is that would be better!

Thank you & sorry for hijacking

·
Registered
344 Posts
The flanges are different as I converted a TS system to fit a V6 with help from Cybox, the centre pipe was much shorter with no centre box and no kink was needed, the rear section is identical, in fact my modified centre is being fitted tomorrow, so I will try and get pics while its on the lift.
Steve

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i have a standard TS system in ok nick, from the cat back, but minus the back box, if it helps anyone and you are willing to collect from Hitchin / Shefford just PM me. sorry N-AM, i realise this is of no use to you, but the thought is there!

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you have the cf3 twinny it will fit strait on, if previos to that it will fit after the first silencer, apart from that exacly the same

1 - 12 of 12 Posts