Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the radiator supposed to be fully exposed on a '98 156? I just checked around my front bender and noticed there was no grid (or whatever is the correct english term) protecting the radiator from stones etc. Is this how it's supposed to be or should there be some sort of protection? In that case, where can I get a new one? Couldn't manage to find any when searching around, that's why I'm beginning to think maybe it's supposed to be like that

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Where abouts are you looking?

The lower intake in the bumper should have a plastic grill in it.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
theres supposed to be a plastic grill at the front inbetween the fog lights if thats where you mean:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
They are massively expensive to buy.....

Only kidding, have a look here.

I believe they just clip back on. Need to get another one myself actually :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
They're actually a real pain to remove and replace. I bought one for my ex-Twinny and never got round to swapping it.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Mine came off easily enough. Just ask the rabbit!

How are they held on then? I thought they just had plastic lugs which clipped into the holes?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehe, well the remove part is already done for me I suppose :D and because of a bump in the front bumper I've already ordered a new one and will insert them at the same time. That reminds me, when I'm also replacing the bumper, would it be easiest to mount the grill to the front bumper before putting the front bumper on the car. or the other way around? :p

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
hehe, well the remove part is already done for me I suppose :D and because of a bump in the front bumper I've already ordered a new one and will insert them at the same time. That reminds me, when I'm also replacing the bumper, would it be easiest to mount the grill to the front bumper before putting the front bumper on the car. or the other way around? :p
Fit the grill to the bumper first. Then fit the bumper to the car.
The grill is held on by clips (12 of them) on the back of the lugs of the grill. So you need access to both sides to fit it properly.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
What David C said. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts