Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Nicolas and i am looking to buy a used Mito 1.4 Turbo with TCT gearbox. I just want to know if there are any known faults and if the car/engine and gearbox are reliable? Thank you in advance !

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, although the TCT software has been updated with time. I always try to get as new as possible when buying for stock for this reason.

Will i be able to upgrade to the latest software through an Alfa Romeo dealer? Also does the cam belt need changing after a specific time or mileage?

Does the tct gearbox need servicing too?

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hello my name is Nicolas and i am looking to buy a used Mito 1.4 Turbo with TCT gearbox. I just want to know if there are any known faults and if the car/engine and gearbox are reliable? Thank you in advance !
I've had a Mito QV TCT from new for almost two years.

There were a few failures which had to be replaced under warranty at 18,000 miles.

Things which I had not detected myself, but that the local dealers spotted at the service. Most significant was need to replace a front damper which was leaking fluid.

The TCT system has been OK, but I was conscious of the even gears clutch slipping when changing gear and when moving slowly in traffic.

The dealer made some adjustments and the effect was reduced, but not eliminated.

That workshop also put the wrong oil in the engine. The Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines use different oil.

I'll be using a different workshop next time and get them to have another attempt at improving the TCT system. Also I'll try and get them to check whether I've got the latest software.

Andy

Reactions: iamnicolas

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had a Mito QV TCT from new for almost two years.

There were a few failures which had to be replaced under warranty at 18,000 miles.

Things which I had not detected myself, but that the local dealers spotted at the service. Most significant was need to replace a front damper which was leaking fluid.

The TCT system has been OK, but I was conscious of the even gears clutch slipping when changing gear and when moving slowly in traffic.

The dealer made some adjustments and the effect was reduced, but not eliminated.

That workshop also put the wrong oil in the engine. The Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines use different oil.

I'll be using a different workshop next time and get them to have another attempt at improving the TCT system. Also I'll try and get them to check whether I've got the latest software.

Andy
than you Andy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts