Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had mine change a couple of months ago and it seems the pedal has gone from whispy light, to a bit heavy. In about 2/3000 miles.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Mine has always been heavy, on both of them. Someone on here mentioned they had a new one put in and was much lighter. Not sure if it has gone the other way though :confused:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's just the way they are.. The guy that's buying mine only issue is that it might be a little too heavy for his missus.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: That's what I said to him!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I had a new clutch in my last GTA, and 2 new clutches in this one in 7 months (one when the box broke and the last as the flywheel was changed)

All have done exactly as you describe, very light and then back to the slightly heavyish pedal you describe, but I would not say that the GTA pedal is generally heavy at all - in actual fact, my brother-in laws punto HGT is heavier!

E

·
0 Posts
It's proper mans clutch :lol:

I parked my mates Civic Type-R a couple of years ago and couldn't get on with it, the clutch had absloutely no reisitance.

G

·
0 Posts
When I test drove a 147 GTA I certainly noticed how heavy the clutch was in comparison to the 2.0 Twinnie I had at the time

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's sold now anyway so not my problem.... :(

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It went to an Italian Gent who has a 156 V6 at the moment. he had an intergrale up until 3 years ago too...

Lovely bloke. I was more than happy to sell it to him over some of the other people that were interested. :)

I'm pleased as I know it will be well looked after. I may even buy it back off him next year if he gets his Maserati. :)

A

·
0 Posts
OA, a bit heavy is OK, hard or soft is not OK for the GTA it seems.
But if you want a hard clutch pedal, try an E46 M3, that thing made me grow muscles on my left foot :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope you dont mind this semi-hijack....:eek:
How much am I looking at for a clutch replacement on a GTA? I notice from the buyers guides and the forum in general that its a 'massive job':wow:

Just weighing up all the potential financial headaches on my potential new purchase, as the car seems pretty over-priced anyway....

Cheers in advance
James:thumbs:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks OA, not as bad as I thought....current car was 1000...:eek:

Not quite sure what to make of that Ned?? Are Mangoletsi robbers then?:wow:
the deal isnt done yet, only placed a small deposit to hold the car till I get back home.....but if they are not good people then I can still walk away:lol:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks OA, not as bad as I thought....current car was 1000...:eek:

Not quite sure what to make of that ned?? Are mangoletsi robbers then?:wow:
the deal isnt done yet, only placed a small deposit to hold the car till I get back home.....but if they are not good people then I can still walk away:lol:
AutoLusso do all the work on all my cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Crikey, I just re-read my last....must emphasise I was not asking if AutoLusso were robbers,
Was referring to Mangoletsi!! and Neds comment about how dear they are...
Sorry for any potential misunderstanding there:eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts