61 - 80 of 198 Posts

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
A year and a half later how do we feel about the GT ?

Definitely dated now but I would say it retains an appealing elegance. I like the rear but the front is a bit weak in terms of style, especially the headlights. However, it is still more appealing than many new cars (including Alfas)

It would be tedious indeed if we all had the same taste...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
In some formats the GT looks soft and wimpy. It needs a makeover to keep it fresh.

It needs big wheels and lowered. The front looks lame and needs to look tougher instead of decorating it with even more chrome plastic bits. Get rid of all the badges on the rear (except the round alfa one of course).

I don't like the twin exhaust on the later models, the oval one looks much better.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Still doing it for me inside and out. Every time I see one out of the corner of my eye, I look at it and think it stands out and looks so special compared to other stuff. Saw a black Cloverleaf next to a Sapphire black E46 M3 passing Kings Cross station the other night, Gt looked so nice compared to the BM and this from me who absolutely loves the shape of that M3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the GT is similar to the original Audi TT which, while not looking like a new car, doesn't look like an old one either.

Doesn't matter if it does look old though really, still gorgeous

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
...... I like the rear but the front is a bit weak in terms of style, especially the headlights......
In some formats the GT looks soft and wimpy. It needs a makeover to keep it fresh.

It needs big wheels and lowered. The front looks lame and needs to look tougher instead of decorating it with even more chrome plastic bits........
This should satisfy both of you in one hit then? :D

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
I think the GT can hold its own in some respects but they definitely need some upgrades.

·
Registered
938 Posts
the small lights are making a come back, and i still c people in brand new bm and merc's stare at the Gt as i come around the corner, and the 1.9jtd what a motor, it kicks ass, have not seen much better interiors in the new cars the seats look the sh)(*&
u can tell i am still crazy about my Gt :D

·
Registered
13,636 Posts
If I remember rightly, you never upgraded the suspension and that makes all the difference.

We still love ours, big bum and all.
It's classic. It is not perfect and you need to be enthuisatic to own one I think.

It's a looker. There again so is a Ferrari 308 and Lamborghini Muira but those are two of the prettiest cars ever.
The GT is not to that standard but a head turner. Apart from some ropey suspension bits I'd change nothing at all about it. :thumbs:

61 - 80 of 198 Posts