Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what everyone thought. Yesterday driving home and back into work today I saw 4 or 5 147's and all were being driven by girlies..... not that I am complaining :D

[email protected]

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wouldn't have thought so, especially the new nose 147 looks rather agressive and 'un-girly'. Not that means girls cant or shouldnt drive what ever they like.

I think when a car can be described as 'cute' then it will undoubtedly attract a high volume of 'girly girls'.

People say the same about the MX5, but as a member of an owners club, I can tell you the last big outing we had featured almost 30 cars, 1 of which was driven by a girl.

Brian.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
NO! Especially in GTA guise. Here in Spain most 147's are driven by blokes. I've seen a couple driven by girls, one in particular was soooooo godammmmm sexy as hell and was giving her a car a serious once over with a damp cloth on a petrol station forecourt. If it wasn't for the fact I had the missus and the kids in the car I would have stayed for a while and introduced myself (with a view to getting her to join my local Alfa club of course :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
MMMMmmm chiquitas en Alfa's! :cool: Did you at least get a picture v6junky? :D

Most 147's I see are driven by females, gotta stop flashing them or I'll be getting done for harassment soon :eek:

As for mx5's, I think the hairdressers near me does free haircuts for mx5 drivers :D

That said put one on a twisty track and they are pretty nippy! (and fun to drive too :eek: )

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Lets be realistice. It's a people car. Looks good whatever :D

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Oh it's a girls car alright. Especially in white pearl. :tut:

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If it's a people's car, what classifies as a car car :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
The answer is yes... ! :D

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Interesting one, my girl turned me on to 147's as she loved the design of the grille/front. She does however know nothing about cars/ mechanicals. Having then test-driven one I had to have it, I don't really think that they are a girlie car, rather a car for those with a sense of style, and as a result lots of females like the look of them :p

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
GOLLUM said:
and a diesel cars a farmers car :cheese:
Well as it 'appens, this week I'm looking after a mate's sheep farm in deepest Dorchester. Just the two of us, two mad dogs, a couple of pick-up trucks and a quad bike against a couple of mental geese and several hundred fluffy white sheep. The missus and I are currently looking for a place with 15-20 Acres to use as a small holding and thought the practice would do us good.

So yeah, I guess it is :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
No Dosh said:
Well as it 'appens, this week I'm looking after a mate's sheep farm in deepest Dorchester. Just the two of us, two mad dogs, a couple of pick-up trucks and a quad bike against a couple of mental geese and several hundred fluffy white sheep. The missus and I are currently looking for a place with 15-20 Acres to use as a small holding and thought the practice would do us good.

So yeah, I guess it is :D
:D don't you be getting too friendly with them there sheep now, thats strictly for the lads up in Aberdeen.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
The person behind the steering wheel is the one who makes the difference. That's what matters. :cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
... on the passenger seat. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are definately girls cars - most of all the GTA's!

I heard from a respected insider that because of recent bad press, GTA's will be depreciating really quick.

For example a 2002 147 3.2 GTA (preferably red) with full leather and S/R and Bose is expected to be worth £2k within the next 4 weeks.

Fear not though. I will do you a special forum only offer. If you own the above car, I will take it off your hands as a favour for £4k.

Offers via PM, eMail, phone carrier pigeon etc....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts