Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Saffers,

Was wondering if Riaan from the Jhb/Kempton P area who restores classic alfa's is a member here, or if any of the SA members knows of him or his work? Spoke to Riaan last week about restoring my step nose Veloce as he was recommended by a contact?

Long shot I knwo but I thought I'd ask...
Thanks
Henk

P

·
0 Posts
I am Riaan from Kempton Park but I don't restore Alfa's.. I am just looking to buy a few of Rian's restored Alfa's...

As alfiGT said his name on the forum is Frost. Send him a private message I am sure he will be able to help you out.. :thumbs:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys.

I have a different cell number to the one listed on the ARCSA web site.

Riaan I spoke to owned an AR dealership in Bethal in the 70's/80's I'm told. I will pm Rian Uys and see where that takes me.

Do you know of any other good 105 restorers in the Jhb/Pta area?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I know Johan Lotter used to restore cars here in Pretoria and Wally Rossi aswell.
Not sure if they still do.
Wally Rossi is really old and looked it the last time I saw him so I don’t know if he still do work for other people. Then again he was real old the first time I saw him and that was more than 20 years ago. He is brilliant and if he can not get something he manufactures it.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
That stepnose was maintained by Chico at some point, wasn't it? Didn't you pick up another early car in the Natal Midlands a while back, coetzeeh? I vaguely remember reading something like that here or on alfabb.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the resplies gents. I have a bit more clarity now. Riaan Stander in Kempton Park is going to do the restoration for me. He was an AR dealer in Bethal years ago, and is very good (social) friends with Dawie and Johan de Villiers among others. Spoke to him at length and he clearly knows his alfa's.

I also made contact with Frost who in turn has been very very generous in offering me help to move my step nose Veloce from Harrismith to Jhb next week. :thumbs:

Hello El4R, yes the car you are referring to is the Veloce I bought 3 years ago in Durban which needs serious restoration. I have imported a load of new parts over the last 2 years from the UK for the resto - new sills, repair sections between the sills and wheels arches, new carpets, roof lining, new door handles etc etc. There was a shed load of rust once we started taking the paint off..I will find photos and post here.

Cheers
Henk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts