Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am about to remove rear screen section on my 97 2.0TS Spider! as i have a patch to glue into place as a 6 month temp repair. Have bought repair bits and bobs and was thinking is the area where the section is bolted to lower Hood section also glued to the hood frame? I have checked service manual(Garage Folder) and there is no mention of what is used to adhere material to frame!:confused:

If so!? what is advised as regards glue/adhesive?

Many Thanks

Karma.:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi

The rear screen is simply zipped into the convertible roof. Undo the zips which are thick from the inside of the car, then zip in your new one or make repairs to the old one.

Cheers Josh

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Hmm... I can see the zip at the top, and the Velcro sides, but I can't see a zip on the bottom of the window to remove it totally.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys!

Thanks for the replies, i should have clarified that i mean the entire section with the cloth surround, i have a tear not actually in the rear plastic window, rather its in the black hood fabric just the other side of the seam that wraps around the actual soft-top frame! You Know!? the bit at the bottom below the perspex window that sits right onto the car body!?

I have not actually removed the rear section yet but was jumping to conclusions that there is some kind of glue/adhesive that was coated to the frame and then the fabric pulled tightly around and bolted to the 8 or so retaining bolts!?

Am i making any sense!?:rolleyes:

Regards,

karma.:)

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
I have the exact same problem; the fabric that affixes the rear window and it's surround, is tearing. Some of the bolts are missing in mine too :-(

But to answer your question, no, I don't think there is any adhesive on that point, it's only the bolts that seem to hold it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Funkstar!

i'll save a bit of money then.:)

Regards,

Karma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts