Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got me a Red Brera and I always wonder what it'ld look like with the iconic four leaf clover you see on iconic red Alfa race cars of old... But then is it like those folks who put AMG or M stickers on their Mercs and BMWs? You know a bit fake and not cool??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I recently got me a Red Brera and I always wonder what it'ld look like with the iconic four leaf clover you see on iconic red Alfa race cars of old... But then is it like those folks who put AMG or M stickers on their Mercs and BMWs? You know a bit fake and not cool??
Previous owner put a quadrifoglio sticker on my 159.
I'm keeping it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it begs a different question. What upgrades would you like to see to a Brera for it to “ qualify” to wear the quadrifoglio?
E.G. I have a 3.2 Q4 and I am seriously considering the Autolusso 3.6 conversion. It already had the Eibach pro street suspension and 19” Prodrive alloys, probably will fit the new Wizard manifolds and full exhaust, maybe some cross drilled and vented discs, already has power flex bushes......so what more to earn the right to wear the badge?
What would a quadrifoglio Brera have come with from the factory if they’d ever made one?
Short of transplanting the Guilia V6 twin turbo, drivetrain and alloys......nice dream.....what more could reasonably be expected?

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's not for me but each to their own. I also like to see the correct Alfa Romeo badges on a model i.e. the logo that corresponds to the era the model was manufactured rather than putting the latest logo / badge (2015) on a Brera etc. Doesn't look right, nor do those black and white badges.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's not for me but each to their own. I also like to see the correct Alfa Romeo badges on a model i.e. the logo that corresponds to the era the model was manufactured rather than putting the latest logo / badge (2015) on a Brera etc. Doesn't look right, nor do those black and white badges.
Agree, and on all my Alfas I've left the maker's badges fade rather than replace with a fresh one. It's hardly a vintage car but it is as much a display of the car's history as is the bodywork and interior.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
9,526 Posts
I have them on my 159. I put them there...I like them...it's my car. End of really! If your look into the history of the clover leaf and Alfa it originally had absolutely nothing to do with the spec or performance of the cars. It's was simply stuck on their race cars for good luck....and I don't think a little extra good luck will do anyone any harm! Only later did Alfa start putting it on higher performance models. Just get nice quality ones..the Giulietta ones look good....not so much the cheap eBay ones. I will admit to having the cheap ones like in the pic above.....they looked better in the listing! LOL. The Giulietta ones are about £33 a pair though.....I will treat her to those....when I don't have anything else to spend Alfa money on!! So about 2023 then!

https://petrolicious.com/articles/more-than-luck-the-story-of-alfa-romeo-s-quadrifoglio-badge

So basically if you like them...fit them!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Got small badges behind the windows, only small, prev owner put them on. I like them, not as keen on the stickers but each to thier own. If the badges were not already on there I wouldn't of bothered but it is an Italian V6 coupe I think its suits them :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have them on my 159. I put them there...I like them...it's my car. End of really! If your look into the history of the clover leaf and Alfa it originally had absolutely nothing to do with the spec or performance of the cars. It's was simply stuck on their race cars for good luck....and I don't think a little extra good luck will do anyone any harm! Only later did Alfa start putting it on higher performance models. Just get nice quality ones..the Giulietta ones look good....not so much the cheap eBay ones. I will admit to having the cheap ones like ion the pic above.....they looked better in the listing! LOL. The Giulietta ones are about £33 a pair though.....I will treat her to those....when I don't have anything else to spend Alfa money on!! So about 2023 then!

https://petrolicious.com/articles/more-than-luck-the-story-of-alfa-romeo-s-quadrifoglio-badge

A very well reasoned response - they may well bring some good luck, so I'd better get some to stop any more electrics dying on me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Agreed alfaitalia - it’s your car - put on it whatever you like.. I’ve put the brushed metal Giulietta ones on my last two Spiders - the genuine ones just look miles better - paid just over £40 a pair.. Note that they come as Left and Right, as the ‘stem’ of the clover needs to point backwards both sides - part numbers are 50522051 & 50522052

·
Registered
'08 Brera S 2.2 (Edition no 45). Previously '12 Mito 1.6 JTDM
413 Posts
I recently bought a red Brera S and the previous owner had added the badges low on the car instead of above the indicator like most others. Usually I like things as original as possible but I think it looks great and will keep it.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I recently bought a red Brera S and the previous owner had added the badges low on the car instead of above the indicator like most others. Usually I like things as original as possible but I think it looks great and will keep it.
That does look good! Especially as the sticker is lower down (rather than on top of the side indicators) which makes it more discreet and less flashy!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have them on my 159. I put them there...I like them...it's my car. End of really! If your look into the history of the clover leaf and Alfa it originally had absolutely nothing to do with the spec or performance of the cars. It's was simply stuck on their race cars for good luck....and I don't think a little extra good luck will do anyone any harm! Only later did Alfa start putting it on higher performance models. Just get nice quality ones..the Giulietta ones look good....not so much the cheap eBay ones. I will admit to having the cheap ones like in the pic above.....they looked better in the listing! LOL. The Giulietta ones are about £33 a pair though.....I will treat her to those....when I don't have anything else to spend Alfa money on!! So about 2023 then!

The above is spot on. I have Cloverleaf badges on both my Alfas, the Giulietta is just in front of the gearstick, the Spiders is stuck inside the compartment in between the seats - this is a Q4 cloverleaf badge (its a Q4 model), completely out of sight - purely there to keep me and the car on the straight and narrow or give me a bit more luck. Not that I'm superstitious! :ermm:

·
Registered
8 Posts
well actually i think it's super cool whatever alfa model that is. because it's not just a badge that alfa puts on their performans models, that's also a homage to Ugo Sivocci who gave his life for the team, so it means much more than the looks.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Couldn't agree more.

As I've got older I've come to realise that my view on what's cool has changed overtime and so has my tolerance of others opinions thank god. Years ago I had a 1970 Mini Cooper S given to me by my uncle which I set about "improving" it with a big exhaust etc. I Now lie awake at night tortured by the thought of these sacrilegious actions. LOL.

As tracingspirals asked for opinions, I'm happy to voice mine and say I now prefer cars to be kept original and so wouldn't use the sticker myself, but would always stand up for the owners right to do as he or she pleases

·
Registered
Panda 4x4 TwinAir
4,070 Posts
I had a set on my 147 twinny, and a cloverleaf badge on the boot. I really liked it, and made out to people that I believed in the superstition behind it - if you want them, go for it - I'd be putting them on my 159 if I didn't already have the Ti badges.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.