Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is politeness a virtue within the bounds of this forum? Well, is it?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Politeness should not be a virtue, it should be a given.

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I comment I would like to know your definition of politeness?

I'm concerned that your definition of politeness is someone who never disagrees with you.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Being polite should never get in the way of being honest....but being honest doesn't mean you have to be impolite.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To disagree with anothers point of view or opinion is a basic right in any democracy. To be rude, slag off another contributor or being offensive in use of language is totally out of order.

Have your say, air your point of view - but - retain your dignity.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Well I'll tell you what.There was a good slagging match on here today on a few threads and it certainly cleared out some cobwebs. A bit of slagging and yes even a bit of rudeness doesnt do any harm from time to time IMO. Sometimes I feel we are all a bit woolly on this site.
I think we need to lighten up a bit. However I dont want to see a total bunfight either with constant rude remarks and constant slagging.
Everything in moderation :)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Howard:
<strong>Being polite should never get in the way of being honest....but being honest doesn't mean you have to be impolite.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">An excellent definition in my book.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A war of words is better than a war of men - Sun Tzu.
Crikey! An online arguement in the form of a lively debate, even a heated debate, providing it does not decend into an outright slagging match or profane use of language to that end is OK in my book. Replying to a post with a simple (and stupid) remark such as ..... you are a **** whatever is not acceptable in my opinion. Removal of unacceptable comments by a moderator endorsed by this site is also OK by me or even the removal of a member (as yesterday). Don't know what was said and don't much care, but no matter how (seemingly) inflamatory the original post was, it clearly didn't require the response it got. I don't think you necessary have to be polite, but I think the above might illustrate impolite?

·
Registered
647 Posts
hrm....if politeness is never being offensive...then no......cos nem alone will breach that many-a-time......everyday :) :p

we like to think were a freindly bunch..........mostly....

·
Administrator
46,122 Posts
Drew? Where the hell did you dredge that up from? It's over a year old!

·
Registered
647 Posts
came up in the related posts down teh bottom of "new forum' thread...didnt even look at teh date....

wondered why we had aisha and rapello in there tho... :|

·
Administrator
46,122 Posts
You made it then Nem. Cool, I was getting worried.
But don't be so impolite, you little ***** *****er
;)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Where can I find the date a post was... well... posted?? :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Top left of the post, unless it was only a few minutes/hours ago it will give the date.

wrinx

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nemesis said:
Removal of unacceptable comments by a moderator endorsed by this site is also OK by me or even the removal of a member (as yesterday). Don't know what was said and don't much care, but no matter how (seemingly) inflamatory the original post was, it clearly didn't require the response it got. I don't think you necessary have to be polite, but I think the above might illustrate impolite?
Who was it Nem?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Jay Nine said:
Is politeness a virtue within the bounds of this forum? Well, is it?
**** off.... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts