Alfa Romeo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so post your pics and tell us a bit more about your Quad, it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
911 Posts
If he's got any sense he'll stay on piston heads. If he comes here - all excited about his new car - he will be told that it will break down every five minutes and that Alfa will pull out of the UK any minute so his car will be worth 5p. I find it sad that people who are waiting for their new, brilliant car, are now dreading it based on this forum.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If he's got any sense he'll stay on piston heads. If he comes here - all excited about his new car - he will be told that it will break down every five minutes and that Alfa will pull out of the UK any minute so his car will be worth 5p. I find it sad that people who are waiting for their new, brilliant car, are now dreading it based on this forum.
I agree. There's a lot of negativity on here... a significant amount from people who don't even own a QF!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I agree. There's a lot of negativity on here... a significant amount from people who don't even own a QF!
My Veloce is just weeks away from collection, and I'm worried, I'll be constantly looking for faults now, rather than enjoying a brand new car. It seems every other day theres a new niggle, like the seat's and now wipers making the brake pedal vibrate not to mention the previous like water ingress, etc. This past month the forum has turned very negative, we need to try and build some more positivity.

·
Registered
Giulia QV 2017
1,463 Posts
Agreed. But among all the concerns about issues, real or imagined, I don't think any owners on here have written that their Giulia is anything other than brilliant, even Brooking, who got rid of his. I would always reassure a newbie that they will absolutely love the car when they get it, because it's nailed on certain that they will.

I love my wife and kids to bits - doesn't mean I don't like having a good moan about them from time to time!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed. But among all the concerns about issues, real or imagined, I don't think any owners on here have written that their Giulia is anything other than brilliant, even Brooking, who got rid of his. I would always reassure a newbie that they will absolutely love the car when they get it, because it's nailed on certain that they will.

I love my wife and kids to bits - doesn't mean I don't like having a good moan about them from time to time!

Thank you for a bit of balance !

It's a user forum, it's full of real life experiences, good bad and indifferent. It's therefore, in my view, a hugely useful resource.

I haven't seen a single example of anybody who owns or has owned a Giulia being anything other than objective about it.

What it isn't and shouldn't become is a propaganda channel. Thing do go wrong, not often but sadly they do. Potential buyers and current owners should know about these issues ideally such that they can mitigate them (the water ingress and software update threads are great positive examples of this) such that they can enjoy their purchase to its maximum.

As for the non Giulia Alfa owners , come on this is an Alfa community, it has traded on "nostalgia isn't what it used to be" for all of the ten years or so I've been following it and I suspect as the cars become more and more "FCA'd" will continue to do so with gusto !

·
Registered
415 Posts

Haha, you're not planning on selling your wife and kids are you?

My other half gives me a headache about how she doesn't feel safe in my current car, and refused to go far in it as a passenger. Then I get aggro that she has to drive us everywhere. I therefore plan a week away in My giulia once it arrives, I would hate the embarrassment and grief I'd get if anything were to go wrong on the way, so I just naturally feel worried reading the issues on here.

I can imagine it's a fantastic car. And once I get it, I'm sure I'll be reassured of this.

·
Registered
911 Posts
There are two agendas on this board. One is the owner/potential owner who wants to learn about experiences and issues that others have had. The other agenda is those who see the Giulia as Alfa's potential saviour and are interested in how they are performing against that goal. Both are fine, but every thread seems to end up dominated by the latter, even the spotters thread. I have no problem with non owners contributing and want to hear all view points but the fact that virtually every thread turns into a reason to bash Alfa is boring. Where's @papa gallo when you need him? I think, like many of us, he's voted with his feet.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are two agendas on this board. One is the owner/potential owner who wants to learn about experiences and issues that others have had. The other agenda is those who see the Giulia as Alfa's potential saviour and are interested in how they are performing against that goal. Both are fine, but every thread seems to end up dominated by the latter, even the spotters thread. I have no problem with non owners contributing and want to hear all view points but the fact that virtually every thread turns into a reason to bash Alfa is boring. Where's @papa gallo when you need him? I think, like many of us, he's voted with his feet.

I think that's an overly negative view Nick.

The owners board is chock full of people saying how brilliant this car is including even me !

It's totally understandable that the owners room fills up with people asking questions/ wanting answers to niggles etc, and in this regard AO is no different to any other one make forum.

There is some Alfa bashing, in this observer's view most of it is warranted and the vast majority of that is aimed at ARUK / Alfa's global approach to the UK market. Given the obvious levels of longstanding underinvestment in this market and the fact that this is an in the main UK centric board that's not a great surprise. I think that it's therefore very important to be able to separate a pretty poorly run business from an excellent base product.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think that's an overly negative view Nick.

The owners board is chock full of people saying how brilliant this car is including even me !

It's totally understandable that the owners room fills up with people asking questions/ wanting answers to niggles etc, and in this regard AO is no different to any other one make forum.

There is some Alfa bashing, in this observer's view most of it is warranted and the vast majority of that is aimed at ARUK / Alfa's global approach to the UK market. Given the obvious levels of longstanding underinvestment in this market and the fact that this is an in the main UK centric board that's not a great surprise. I think that it's therefore very important to be able to separate a pretty poorly run business from an excellent base product.
Fair play to you, KitStealer10, for your lost love post but I'm totally with Nick on this. I've never understood why people who aren't enthusiasts hang around on boards to **** on other people's enjoyment. You don't like it? **** off somewhere else.

The 166 board is a bit quiet these days but used to be a joy bar one ex-owner who seemed to spend every evening post-justifying why he'd got rid of the car. MOVE ON. It's not a review site. It's an enthusiasts forum.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Fair play to you, KitStealer10, for your lost love post but I'm totally with Nick on this. I've never understood why people who aren't enthusiasts hang around on boards to **** on other people's enjoyment. You don't like it? **** off somewhere else.

The 166 board is a bit quiet these days but used to be a joy bar one ex-owner who seemed to spend every evening post-justifying why he'd got rid of the car. MOVE ON. It's not a review site. It's an enthusiasts forum.
Burnley or Villa fan ?

I'd challenge you to find examples of what you've cited above. I can't see anybody justifying anything nor do I see anybody deliberately trying to **** on others' enjoyment.

The irony level of this thread is in danger of overflowing .... what started out as a request to somebody who has just purchased a very handsome (and I think as yet unseen in that colour on this forum) example of Alfa's best looking car in years to share his story has descended into a "things ain't what they used to be" spiral of negativity at the instigation of people who complain that the place is constantly descending into a spiral of negativity !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.