Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a '97 twinnie Spider with the hydraulic roof which has always worked perfectly until about two weeks back. I was putting the roof up after a run in the sunshine when there was a nasty crunch and the LHS flap was torn off completely, bending the bracket in the process.

This I have managed to repair very easily.

My real problem is that the LHS front bow does not line up and the pin falls short of the socket by about two inches. The LHS is also lower than the driver's side when closing the roof.

In addition the seal above the LHS window is bowed down and the window does not seal.

The driver's window is now about half an inch proud of the roof at the rear upper corner.

I cannot see anything bent or distorted and am now pulling out the little hair that I have.

Is there an adjustment guide somewhere?

My first instinct is that the passenger side of the frame has slipped down pulling the roof over. Or the driver's side has slipped upward.

Is there a vertical adjustment on the frame mounting points that I can have a look at?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mark

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have the manual but it seems a bit lean. Good luck I shall need! I'll let you know the outcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts