Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Wonder if you could shed some light? Have been reading all the threads on here re: erratic idling. Just wondered is there anything I can do to check that my MAF is muffed before i buy a new one? :p

·
Registered
38,476 Posts
razwanali said:
Hey guys,

Wonder if you could shed some light? Have been reading all the threads on here re: erratic idling. Just wondered is there anything I can do to check that my MAF is muffed before i buy a new one? :p
Not sure how scientific this is but it worked for me.. I suspected th MAF, but when I unplugged the Lambda sensor the car ran better but not perfect. I fitted a new Lambda sensor and the car is now ok.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yes you can try disconnecting the electrical connector of the MAF to see if it helps. Is there any difference if the engine is hot or cold?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Erratic running when cold could simply be the coolant temperature sensor. This could also resualt in difficulty starting a cold engine but when the engine warms up then the engine starts fine.

Does the car run fine when warm including good acceleration?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hiya. My car had/has eratic idle and I have just replaceed the MAF. Didn't cure the idle problem but the car now responds much better when pressing the accelerator. Its been a wee bit sluggish for a while. Changing the plugs tomorrow as its at 70k and never changed (156 1.6 TS) Then I'll see what next :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts