Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i tryed to open my 2000 spider with the fob yesterday moring and nothing, then i got 4 short random beeps like i had unlocked it???
When i finaly got in, a red light came on left hand side of dash (above the flur cap release button) the one that flashes when the alarm is on whats goin on???? soooo is my batt on its way out????
please help :thumbs:

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I have heard these 4 random bleeps its reverse of what you are saying. The times I have heard them is when I go to lock the car and one bit of the bonnet isnt shut properly. 5 minutes later the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
How old is it? Do you have access to a multimeter? If not, a lot of places will do a free battery check for you.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
When I have heard these 4 random bleeps its reverse of what you are saying. The times I have heard them is when I go to lock the car and one bit of the bonnet isnt shut properly. 5 minutes later the alarm goes off.
Yea mine too....or a door / boot

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought its a sign that the alarm has been triggered, the flashes indicate what set it off eg. 4 flashes for open door etc. I may be wrong but the only time mine has done this is after I know the alarm has sounded.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Disconnect your battery and leave the car for 10 mins. Very crude way of restating the brain but it does work. Remember at this time of year alot I moisture gets into all those well built Italian components and strange things happen in your car. I am obviously lucky in so much as Mir in the main fixes itself so hopefully by resetting the Cars brain should help yours. If youve had your battery for more than three years and it's from somewhere like Halfords you should probably replace it anyway...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Forgot to add, when you reconnect the battery don't just jump into the car and drive leave it with the alarm unset/doors closed with no ignition on for a few minutes again in order that everything works as it should

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Thanks all - this was just what I also needed to know!

My '98 Spider has been struggling this autumn :cry: so taking your advice it sounds like a new battery would be a good option - current one must be over 3 yes old and the car isn't used everyday especially during winter.

Thanks again! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts