Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my 145 Cloverleaf and was wondering on the merits of nipping to my nearest Alfa garage and plugging her in.

I think the variators a bit noisey in the morning when cold and it's had a replacement engine about 15k miles ago.

Not quite sure if it's worth the cost of plugging in or not, actually not even sure what the cost is, any ideas?

Cheers guys!

J:confused:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
The cost is £50 and if there's no warning lights then no it's not, the variator wouldn't show anyway, the old ECU in the 145 was a pain to hook up even with the correct software.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Smaky, guess i'll not bother then, i'll wait until something goes wrong, i'm sure it wont be too long!!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Thanks Smaky, guess i'll not bother then, i'll wait until something goes wrong, i'm sure it wont be too long!!
Negative thoughts, I've had my 146 for 8 years and never suffered outside of routine components, I only have 800 quids worth of parts receipts for it in that time and that includes service items.

Plus where are you???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Negative thoughts, I've had my 146 for 8 years and never suffered outside of routine components, I only have 800 quids worth of parts receipts for it in that time and that includes service items.

Plus where are you???
Sunny Bournemouth!! It's only because the cars had a replacement engine. Plus I've traditionally not been the luckiest with new cars, 540 BMW i bought, the auto-gearbox went the day after i bought it, BMW 320 head gasket blew after about a week (there were no signs at all!)... So i'm almost wondering if i'm jinxed and whether i've gone out on a limb for an old 145 Cloverleaf.

Saying that a friend at work had his Cloverleaf for 2 years and only needed to replace the windscreen wipers (which i've already had to do, and a bulb!).

I'm definitly positive with the driving experience though, luurvely!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts