Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all being the tinkerer that i am i had it in my head that i wanted some GTV cup side panels then i thought i would have a go at giving it my own personal touch.
Just to be on the safe side i bought some front wings and some Range Rover side vents ?????
Started on this a week ago and unsure now whether it is worth finishing off.
Comments welcomed be gentle ???:lol:

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
I think that the words Range Rover and style is a bit of an oxymoron, however I'd have to see them on the car before I gave the verdict *sits on fence*

Having said that, as Perksy says, you've got this far, so don't give up now!

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Those will slow your car down reveds, and you will be able to loose the Air-con with those installed.:lol: Looks good fella, i reckon 916 should steal your idea for his mid-engined(Ferrari) 916 and mount those just aft the doors.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Put them on the car and see how they look. I've got a feeling they are going to look pretty good.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
That looks so well done - perfect fit! :)
Well done for being brave enough to do it, I think it will look very modern.

-Alex

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Why not fit one in their current state to see how they look on the car? Finish off if you're happy with them.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pkr I think you may have hit the nail on the head
The only reason why I am stalling is my workmates have been giving me some friendly banter about them It did make me wonder if I had lost the plot but I have always had the if you don't try you will never know approach.
So I will get some pics on hopefully at weekend for the full look.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Just in case you're unaware, the 3 wing mounting points may have a variable number of spacers under them to get the correct fit lines with the doors and bonnet. They're open at one end so it's worth being a bit careful to note which spacers go under which mounting point before they fall off when you slacken the bolts! It's probably also worth measuring the panel gap to the doors top and bottom so you can get the original back on perfectly again afterwards.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I was taught that if you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts