Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install my strutbrace tomorrow and was wondering if it's safe to undo the surrounded in red bolt in order to install it.It does look a bit different on the JTD 20V but essentialy I believe it has the same function....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I'm about to install my strutbrace tomorrow and was wondering if it's safe to undo the surrounded in red bolt in order to install it.It does look a bit different on the JTD 20V but essentialy I believe it has the same function....
Yes,it is only the top engine mounting(stops it rocking),just don't forget to put it back:lol:

·
Registered
22,763 Posts
Nice, but how do you check your PAS fluid.

I've seen many strut-braces, yours seems to have more clearance than others, but it still looks like you can't get the lid/dip-stick out?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, but how do you check your PAS fluid.

I've seen many strut-braces, yours seems to have more clearance than others, but it still looks like you can't get the lid/dip-stick out?
when the pump starts whining on turns I know I need to top up.... :)

obviously the top up will require a torque wrench and a 17mm socket from now on... :D

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I've never understood how a hinged strut brace could work. Surely you still get plenty of flex there, not matter how tight it is bolted?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never understood how a hinged strut brace could work. Surely you still get plenty of flex there, not matter how tight it is bolted?
Sure I do....however I can notice some improvements...

Some rattles around the interior have disappeared....others have appeared(yet fewer than without it :D)....this is the best sign for me that it does something...
My engine has always been shaking a bit(Still can't find the reason)....however this has reduced the vibration....at least the one transmitted through the chasis
+ it feels stiffer in the front, in the roundabouts....but now the rear end feels like it has a bit more play....
Haven't had the chance to test it in higher speeds but will be traveling for Bulgaria on Friday so will be able to test it in Germany.... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts