Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Is it possible to Recon a variator?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  zulu ferret 
Can we not have a post such as:

My TS never suffered belt failure-.. the variator was silent-.. the big end journals were still circular..-she ran like a dream!?? That was my experience of having an Alfa, and, it was a Selespeed.:p

Then after four inspiring years of ownership, she was sold.:(: I wonder if the new owner has clapped her out yet? :lol:

Sorry Old chap. English never was my Forte :eek:.:D But car repairers never were either, relying on the likes of a caring owner such as I, they would all go skint!!:D Throwing their horror stories about beautiful Alfa Romeos, in the interest of their Bank Accounts!:lol:

Well done! Credit where credit is due.:): A difficult commodity to obtain now for the likes of myself, credit I mean.:): However, I will just have to return to that 'make do and mend' attitude we had in the in the forties and fifties. Now where did I stash that bicycle puncture outfit? Memories are made to miss??:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.