Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these Mitsubishi Evo Brembo calipers are the same as the upgraded GTA ones? The Evo uses 328mm discs, however it is the centre to centre distance of the mounting lugs that woudl be the crucial point.

The seller tells me that the distance is 157.5 +/- 0.5mm

Anyone have any comments? Would hate to end up with teh wrong thing!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Ev...4QQihZ014QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wouldn't have a clue mate sorry,
but i reckon it is a bit risky.... considering if ifs actually not 'fitted' properly, it might scrub with the disc/caliper/rims ? :p
sorry I could not be of any help :(

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, but as the Evo discs are 328mm and the GTA discs are 330mm, there is just 1mm radius difference. Unlikely (but could be possible) that the caliper thickness is geater on the Evo than on the GTA, which would result in the caliper hitting the wheel, however I woudl be very surprised if that was the case. What is more important is if the lug mounts are identical or not. If they are not, then it would be a no go, but if they are, then these could be an alternative to the Alfa ones, BUT they would only have Brembo on the caliper and not Alfa Romeo!!

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
I can't remember the bolt spacing for a GTA (if I find I'll post the pic), but I'm sure most/all of the GTA 330mm calipers use a radial mount caliper with seperate brackets. That doesn't mean the Evo calliper wouldn't fit if all the measurements lined up. But that is a big if.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are right - it is a BIG IF, but from the picture of the calipers on the "definitive guide" on here, they look practically the same, in that the mounting lugs look pretty similar!!

Would be useful to know what the 330 caliper looks like on its own, as on the guide, the 305 caliper is in front of the lugs, so its not possible to see.

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if Autodelta woudl be able to tell me? I would not be surprised if someone like Brembo made calipers that could be used with ease across other vehicles, afterall, it would be the car manufacturer who would make the mounts on the suspension fit to the part that was available from Brembo, and if this caliper is good enough for a 300+bhp EVO monster, it should be good enough for the GTA!!

Per

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers. I will abandon the Evo caliper idea as I think that as has been sted before, the GTA ones are radial mount where as the Evo ones are lug mounts.

Cheers

Per

1 - 10 of 10 Posts