Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for the boost gauge to drop during hard acceleration?

Anything just less than foot to the floor and the boost drops to about 1.0 bar.

Might be an amateur question, so apologies. I presumed it would run full boost until a gear change. 2.4JTDM.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You should be running full boost if hard on the gas, it certainly shouldn't drop. Is the car accelerating as it should? If so might it just be a faulty gauge, or feed to the gauge.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yes it does, more noticeable if you've had the EGr blanked, as you'll have more boost (with the EGR open, half the exhaust gas goes back into the manifold instead of the turbo)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
332 Posts
pretty sure it does as Giblets says, ill be out in it early tomorrow morning for the school run will check for you then

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
You should be running full boost if hard on the gas, it certainly shouldn't drop. Is the car accelerating as it should? If so might it just be a faulty gauge, or feed to the gauge.
I am sure this is what I see. I have no EGR blank (to my knowledge). I will check the boost though next time I'm out (going home from work today :D).

·
Registered
332 Posts
dont worry Jess its normal, heavy acceleration will give you around 1.4bar on the guage. Maintaining speed can be anything from about .4 - 1.2bar. on cruise control with a high gear selected mine drops to around .2

hope this helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks guys, if it's normal then I'm happy.

The only other time I've had a boost gauge was on an Audi S2 and it never dropped...hence my concerns.

Crisis averted! :)

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I forgot to check. :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
It never dropped on mine. The boost gauge on mine worked like one of those economy gauges on BMWs - the harder you press the loud pedal the more it moves until it hits the stop!

Might it vary depending on engine? Mine was a 2.0jTDM with EGR intact, guess it could work differently on others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts