Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is immoral or unethical to buy an item from a charity shop, then sell it on fleabay for a profit?

Discuss... :p

·
Registered
37,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats ok then. It isn't me anyway, the missus picked up a few items that she wants to sell on.

I don't think she haggled the price down when she bought them.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nowt wrong with it.

Charities are recruiting more knowledgeable valuers to avoid this happening...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I had a lady worked for me ran a little collectables shop and ebay store part time - she used to regularly cruise the charity shops with a knowledable eye. Her best result was a £20 plate she sold for over £500.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It is not as bad as it could be, but it it is a little mean.

Assuming it is a charity you believe in, get your money back by all means, but give the excess back to the shop. Or buy something else from them with the profit. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
They got it for free they have already made an infinite profit, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I don't give to charities these days apart from Help for Heroes, I don't believe that the money we give will actually go anywhere, things like children in need, such a big event, then it's dead for another year, no outcome of all those millions, same as Comic Relief, they rant about Africa etc but you never see the millions reach the people that need it, It's the cheapest form of evading tax to make a good penny or two!
What also makes me sick is donating for Cancer research etc, if the Gov got up off their backsides and spent more on clinical research etc, it would have less long term impact on the NHS, thus saving money.
There are too many charities about these days, something's got to change!

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
The charity shop gets some money, you get some money, the buyer gets something they want at a price they're happy to pay and Royal Mail get some money and Posties along the way have some work to do. :)

If your wife can do it and make some money from it then it's all good experience. Little acorns and all that.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
You take the risk buying the items, they won't automatically sell for more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts