Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the conversation with my dealer at the moment about whether to spec my QV to have dual zone on there.

What are people's opinions on it?

So far the only extra I have added is tinted windows. I have also maybe considered the TomTom port, but for the amount I use a Sat Nav it's not worth the premium that is charged for a compatible sat nav for the port!

Finally, do I go Etna Black again or change it up and go White? I am a tad worried about the White as mum's Giulietta is white, so it'd have to be a perfect match to not clash, and I think they are different whites!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have etna black. IMO the best colour, but the hardest to keep clean and shinny. I love cleaning my car thou so not a problem!

I got my windows tinted after Market for about half the price as alfa charge and they are perfect.

One option I think is important is rear parking sensors, especially with tinted windows!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
510 Posts
To answer your first question I wouldn't waste your money on dual zone climate. I've had it in my last three cars and both sides have remained on the same setting for 99% of the time.

As for this, you've got to be kidding :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I am a tad worried about the White as mum's Giulietta is white, so it'd have to be a perfect match to not clash, and I think they are different whites!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha it's a legitimateworry Trouty, the Mito white is actually an off white, where as the G is a brilliant white, so I think seeing them side by side everyday would only highlight to me that it is off white!

I have always had tints done aftermarket, but fancy having actual tinted glass this time.

I love the wheels on the new QV too. Hardly seen any pictures of them on a black car though. Which would be nice to see.

I have to agree about the etna though, once you've polished it up, there is no better colour!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Im going to do a full day detail on my mito soon, well as soon as there is a full day good weather, using my meguires microfibre DA system. Ill post pics up after to see how amazing etna black looks.

I seen some in white and still looks nice mate. just personal prefrence

·
Registered
50 Posts
I specced my Mito with climate and I think it's worth it as it's easier to maintain a comfortable temperature, it's great at keeping all windows clear. I've driven mito's with regular heating controls and the adjustment is limited.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
I'd say no tbh unless you have a regular passenger and they know what it's supposed to do...

The blady thing has a mind of it's own anyway, especially the windscreen alleged d-mist that decides to do it's job
10 mile down the road or after you've wiped it yourself :(

The fan does what it wants to do also,so you end up pressing buttons like a demented idiot
until you get it to how you want it ...Then it decides to ignore your settings :confused:

Certainly not what I expected, just an expensive gimmick IMHO as is the vision pack :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
pointless ... even worse on the 156 facelift interiour because even though my car has "dual zone" there is actually only 1 temperature sensor in the middle of the car :lol:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Dual zone mebby worthwhile if you do a lot of miles with a female, the ones I know seem incapable of regulating their body temperature. Usually too cold..!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, don't think i'll bother to be honest. I thought it may make life easier, but it sounds a complex system that never seems right! Didn't have any negatives from my old Mito. Only as you say, when there is a female passenger involved, they seem to like a sauna of a car!

Now to find another extra to negotiate with the dealer over... haha!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Sunroof! I loved this when I had a courtesy car. Looks good also, but only really stands out on a light coloured car.

M

·
0 Posts
To answer your first question I wouldn't waste your money on dual zone climate. I've had it in my last three cars and both sides have remained on the same setting for 99% of the time.

As for this, you've got to be kidding :cheese::cheese::cheese:
You say that but I think climate would be very useful. I find my self constantly changing the temp. gauge on my car as it gets too hot or too cold.

I agree the duel zone part is pointless, but the dash does look smarter with the digital graphics instead of the heater controls, and just being able to leave it on one setting and let the car get on with it, does have its advantages IMO.

If you want to spend the money on it......

(P.s. saw a white CL at the dealer today and was sold on the colour with the 18"s, there was an etna black sprint next to it and i preferred the white. it also had the £2000 optional extra Sabre seats however, whilst they did hold you in superbly....they weren't the most comfortable and appeared to have no height adjustment!!)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Dont bother with the dual climate..

And white with 18" wheels is the way to go..!

Andy

·
Registered
760 Posts
Go for the Bose sound system. I have the Tom, Tom port but can't bring myself to buy the overpriced sat nav lol! I like my dual zone, albeit the points are true above; it also looks better than the standard controls! The manufactor tints aren't very dark - but if you intend of having a dog in the back worthwhile. Think they are just right with etna black. Can recommend the rear park sensors, first time I've had them on a car and like the distance display on the little matrix; if you go for them - make sure there factory fit as some people have reported dealers retro fitting them, then you don't get the display on ur screen.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Woody! Is the Bose really good then?

I didn't go too dark with my after market tints, cos as you say I don't think you really need to with the etna black.

Rear parking is standard on Distinctive and above now, as are metal pedals.

I don't think i'll bother with the dual zone. I was happy with the manual air con in my last one, what was drawing me in was the way it looks on the dash. But it's only a small part of it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You say that but I think climate would be very useful. I find my self constantly changing the temp. gauge on my car as it gets too hot or too cold.

I agree the duel zone part is pointless, but the dash does look smarter with the digital graphics instead of the heater controls, and just being able to leave it on one setting and let the car get on with it, does have its advantages IMO.

If you want to spend the money on it......

(P.s. saw a white CL at the dealer today and was sold on the colour with the 18"s, there was an etna black sprint next to it and i preferred the white. it also had the £2000 optional extra Sabre seats however, whilst they did hold you in superbly....they weren't the most comfortable and appeared to have no height adjustment!!)
I agree, climate control is great and I would have it on any car I bought, but it's the dual control" aspect that's not worth having.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts