Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it is gone just need to make sure that it is driveshaft and nothing else,noticed squeaking noise from driver's side wheel and found out that the break disk is wobbling to and fro with the wheel moving in and out
here's link from youtube

https://youtu.be/T2fao4ROLds

if you look at little hole beside the brake pad you will see that brake disk is sliding in and out,
must be the driveshaft gone isn't it nothing else coming up in my head to blame

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I don't think your wheel turning test is really diagnosing a drive shaft fault. That squeak sounds like lower wishbone to me.

In general knocks and clunks over bumps are roll bar and drop link related. Squeaks over bumps are wishbone related. Drive shafts are rumble and vibration. Inner CV is rumble at speed but goes away when clutch is pressed. Outer cv is clicking or knocking when turning at low speed. Both cv joint failure usually occur after the boot has failed.

I can't really see in the video any problem with the brake disc and caliper. Are the wheel nuts done up?

Try silicon grease on the bushes to see if the sound goes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car doesn't squeak or clunk when driven but driver's side wheel started vibrating at speed and it goes away with the clutch pressed, i had to change left hand side driveshaft a while ago so this one is gone too probably
J&R here i go

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Those symptoms describe drive shaft. Worth doing the shaft in total rather than the joint itself. The squeak seems like another issue though. The left always seems to fail first. Must be roundabouts or something.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i'll be buying the whole one from J&R
still need to investigate this squeak but fecking rain wont stop :furious:
thanks mate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts