Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running a 2.0 JTDM with 86K miles and wondered whether a terraclean is worth the money for extra mpg / performance?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I can only speak for one experience....My mate had his 150,000 miles X trail done. He was sure that is ran much smoother especially at start up.....but noticed no difference in in either outright performance or measured fuel economy. My personal view is that if you want something inside your engine cleaned....take it apart and clean it.

Others will, no doubt, have a different view and glowing reviews.....that's how the internet works!!!

·
Registered
37,277 Posts
I haven't heard many good things about it to be honest. It won't unclog a DMF, DPF or inlet manifold and is no substitute for a proper physical clean.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I agree...but they actually claim it will do all those things....the cleaner is now also sent through the inlet manifold...not just in with the fuel like it used to be.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Not sure what such a clean costs, but having stripped and cleaned a couple of diesel intakes, I'm not sure how well a few minutes clean in situ would help, also removing some of the carbon in the cylinders may have an adverse effect.

As the others have said, a physical clean would be much better, maybe look at a proper injector cleaning, or short term, a good fuel system cleaner like Forte or BG244K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts