Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do have a 145 1.4 boxer and are experiencing the following problem:
car starts very well in general but sometimes it has great difficulty to get it started after a short stop. This never happens when the car is cold..it normally happens after having driven it for a couple of miles to a petrol station or shopping center and then restart it after a couple minutes is very hard. We just leave it for 5 minutes or so..floor the accelarator and start and it works agian.

During driving sometimes the injector warning light comes on but does not affect engine behaviour.

I suspected one of the relais under the hood and intercahged them with out result ( may be both of then are not too good)

I hope any one on this forum has an idea,

cheers

Andre

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I knew the thermostat wasn't working. I replaced it today and haven't seen injector light come on since...has anybody similar experiences or idea's
thanks from the cold low lands

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If you get issues starting the car when it's hot but it starts fine when it's cooled back down again then this symptom usually points to a faulty crank position sensor which is what tells the ECU when the engine is at Top Dead Centre.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Be aware that faulty crank sensors don't always show an error in the ECU so while you may well have a failing crank sensor, you might find no faults logged for it in the ECU.

The fault mentioned occurs with age whereby the crank sensor starts to break down (electrically) internally as they get hot but when they are cold there are no signs of any problem so they don't flag an error to the ECU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you!..The guys just finished the read out and found a massage on a faulty temp sensor ( intermittent) No Idea how the software works.. normally I agree faults dont disappear by theselves.
Where is this crank sensor located and is it easy to replace any idea on costs ?
Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts