Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at it earlier, huge amount of cars there. I was feeling quite overwhelmed by it all. Great day for it too, sooooooo sunny and warm.
There was a good Alfa presence, about half a dozen Bertie coupes and a saloon, two monti's, 2600 spider, a few spiders. That '81 Alfetta saloon was there two, the dual tone job. I quite like it.
When I got back to the car there was a little flyer informing me of the Irish motorshow coming up in september. Apparently the AROC are going to be at it and offering free membership if you sign up at the show. Sounds cool to me. :cool:
Saw a maroon 155 as I was leaving, with the black speedline wheels, was that anyone here???

·
Registered
172 Posts
John Burns said:
Was at it earlier, huge amount of cars there. I was feeling quite overwhelmed by it all. Great day for it too, sooooooo sunny and warm.
There was a good Alfa presence, about half a dozen Bertie coupes and a saloon, two monti's, 2600 spider, a few spiders. That '81 Alfetta saloon was there two, the dual tone job. I quite like it.
When I got back to the car there was a little flyer informing me of the Irish motorshow coming up in september. Apparently the AROC are going to be at it and offering free membership if you sign up at the show. Sounds cool to me. :cool:
Saw a maroon 155 as I was leaving, with the black speedline wheels, was that anyone here???

yeh i got the AROC flyer for the thing in September - ill join at that :)

that was my 155 :)

with the italian flag on the back in small?

and the Alfa Romeo on the back window?

i only got her about 3 weeks ago - I love her - im getting those alloys in black off a guy in the Lancia Club (mine are actually the slightly lighter than black/anthracite-ish colour)- he owned the Dedra Integrale that was at the Lancia bit - thats where i was most of the time - the 'Italian Classic Car Club' display was good wasnt it?

I saw too other 155's there - one was a v nice red one with extra skirting and stuff... - the other weas a blue one i saw in the distance

yeh it was well sunny - i have a proper Irish farmer sunburn going on :p

i got red arms and neck lol

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Green Cloverleaf said:
c'mon then, Mr Burns, where are the pics? ;)
D'oh, no pics. My hungover mind wasn't up to bringing a camera.

@A155, that's a bloody nice 155 you've got there. That Dedra looked pretty cool alright, as did the deltas too.
There really was a good Italian turn out, loads of X1/9's allover the place and a few other Fiat coupes. It was so much better there then last year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
John Burns said:
D'oh, no pics. My hungover mind wasn't up to bringing a camera.

@A155, that's a bloody nice 155 you've got there. That Dedra looked pretty cool alright, as did the deltas too.
There really was a good Italian turn out, loads of X1/9's allover the place and a few other Fiat coupes. It was so much better there then last year.

thank you i have to get a lot of the paintwork touched up, but apart from that yeh she's lovely :)

yeh it was cool loads of Italian stuff beside each other

Lancia, then X1/9, then FIAT 500's right beside each other - brilliant :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Green Cloverleaf said:
:rolleyes:

*puts 1 black mark against Mr Burns....*
Head duly hung in shame :(

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Weyhey! Cheers, McGuinn, that's more like it :D

Nice pics - looks like you had brilliant weather! :cool:

btw, what is that parked up next to the Monty in pic #4?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was a late sixties Fiat Dino spider. Luverly or wot.
There was a gorgeous Maserati 3500 there too. Red with tan leather, it looked bloody amazing.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Not sure... Some sort of a FIAT!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
John Burns said:
That was a late sixties Fiat Dino spider. Luverly or wot.
There was a gorgeous Maserati 3500 there too. Red with tan leather, it looked bloody amazing.
I have a photo of it... just out of space at the moment...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You must have been there pretty early Eoin. I saw that Aston when I was going to collect my car from Ranelagh around two. They obviously got tired of sitting around. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Yep, in there for 11.45 or so!
Ye can't let a hangover get between you and a car-show!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still had friday night's hangover to contend with along side saturday night's one. I'm too old for partying two nights in a weekend. But nothing would stop me going to that show.
Can't wait for the car show in september now. Hopefully it'll be better then the last one. Apart from the racing Jags which were very cool, there wasn't a huge amount to see. Very few manufacturers.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
What's on in Sept?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
McGuinn said:
What's on in Sept?
Motorshow. I take it the people leaving the flyer's on the Alfas started after you left. Its in the car at the mo. I'll let you know the general jist of it later.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
John Burns said:
Motorshow. I take it the people leaving the flyer's on the Alfas started after you left. Its in the car at the mo. I'll let you know the general jist of it later.
I'm going Green... I walked in!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here we go, Irish motorshow 16-18 Sep. There'll be an aroc stand there offering free membership for anyone who signs up at the show.
This is still showing details for the last motorshow but I'd say they'll be updating it soon enough, www.motorshowireland.com
Hopefully it'll be decent this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts