Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm refurbishing my alloys at the moment and I'm tinkering with the idea of painting them that light blue flip type paint you used to see on a lot of 156s.Anyone know what I'm talking about?There's threads here with paint codes but it's not much use to me without pictures..On another note would it look fooking ridiculous on a black car(nero fuoco).Was thinking of having it mixed a slightly more silvery shade..

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I think you should just scrap the whole idea and give me your car. Do you know how hard it is for me to get panels in Nero Fuoco??? :lol:
Other than white, I'd say it is the rarest colour for a 156, certainly in the UK.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I think its a bit of a strange combo.
But its your car and your money and your taste that counts.

I personally like colours that contrast each other.

·
Registered
29,994 Posts
If you paint the wheels with a flip paint like the Nuvola Blue, I think it will just look like you have a miss-matched set of wheels most of the time...!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha!It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens Flip!If I ever trash it beyond reasonable repair the panels are are all yours mate!Cheers for the paint code though.It's an unusual one alright,chap who replaced my engine said he'd never seen one before,he's kind of an Alfa guru over here.Suppose there's far less of them over here anyway.I got nero fuoco touch up paint from these guys if it's any use to you..ntlparts on ebay.
Scotty and David I reckon you might be right,I have selespeed alloys I got for free from the donor car with the engine(60k miles,uses no oil,lucky me!)They just look a bit drab to me.Love the multispokes,but can't be shelling out for new wheels right now.My plan was to mix it down with silver paint so there's just a touch of the flip effect there.Nero fuoco has a purple/bronze thing to it so I reckon it'd either look the dogs or something I'd instantly regret!Might just get a bit of touch up paint and some ****ty silver from halfords and paint a few empty beer cans and see how I get on!Thanks anyway:thumbs: chaps we'll see how I get on!:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts