----------

2 Giulietta registrations/sales:

Diesel : 2
2 - Dublin 1.6JTD, 2 Blue

----------

·
Registered
566 Posts
The Giulia sold 10,932 units in Europe last year (according to Wikipedia), the BMW 3/4-series sold 106,991 units (2018 figure).
Audi sold 4,328 cars in Ireland alone last year.
I'm not sure what the Giulia target sales were but I'm sure it is not selling as well as expected!

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
September : 1 Alfa

Stelvio : 1

Diesel : 1

1 - 2.2 JTD 190hp or 210hp : CO2 Band C

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
1 Stelvio registration/sale:

Diesel : 1
1 - Dublin 2.2 Red/Maroon

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
October : 1 Alfa

Giulia : 1

Petrol : 1

1 - 2.0 Turbo 200hp or 280hp Veloce : CO2 Band C

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
1 Giulia registration/sale:

1 - Carlow 2.0 Black

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
David, do you know how many petrol Giulias were sold in Ireland in total, and how many of those are Veloce?

I'd like to figure out if I really have to import one from the UK in the next 5 weeks, or there is a chance that one will be available in Ireland in the next 1-2 years as the lease goes out on some.

thanks

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
David, do you know how many petrol Giulias were sold in Ireland in total, and how many of those are Veloce?

I'd like to figure out if I really have to import one from the UK in the next 5 weeks, or there is a chance that one will be available in Ireland in the next 1-2 years as the lease goes out on some.

thanks

Hi, here's some data, I can't guarantee how accurate it is. Hope it helps.

* Note that CO2 bands changed related to WLTP testing some time in 2018 I think, this moved the Veloce from Band C to D €390 to €570 roadtax. I'm not sure how that affects imports exactly.

New registrations:

2017: 6 Veloces CO2 Band C

2018: 9 Veloces CO2 Band C

2019: 6 Veloces CO2 Band D *

2020: 1 Veloce CO2 Band D *

Used imports:

2019: 2 Veloces CO2 Band C

2020: 4 Veloces CO2 Band C
........... 4 Veloces CO2 Band D *

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hi, here's some data, I can't guarantee how accurate it is. Hope it helps.

* Note that CO2 bands changed related to WLTP testing some time in 2018 I think, this moved the Veloce from Band C to D €390 to €570 roadtax. I'm not sure how that affects imports exactly.

New registrations:

2017: 6 Veloces CO2 Band C

2018: 9 Veloces CO2 Band C

2019: 6 Veloces CO2 Band D *

2020: 1 Veloce CO2 Band D *

Used imports:

2019: 2 Veloces CO2 Band C

2020: 4 Veloces CO2 Band C
........... 4 Veloces CO2 Band D *
thanks David.

I wonder if people just give the car back when the PCP expires, or they try to sell it privately first? I'll keep my eyes open, fingers crossed for a nice Misano blue with tan leather, climate pack, android audio, Q2, leather dashboard, petal wheels and yellow calipers. (yeah, roigh)

·
Registered
261 Posts
thanks David.

I wonder if people just give the car back when the PCP expires, or they try to sell it privately first? I'll keep my eyes open, fingers crossed for a nice Misano blue with tan leather, climate pack, android audio, Q2, leather dashboard, petal wheels and yellow calipers. (yeah, roigh)
The only problem is that you could be left waiting - especially for such a specific spec!

Even if an Irish Veloce came up for sale, there's more choice and better value from the UK. I imported my 2018 Veloce from the UK a few months back for the same cost as a Dublin dealer wanted for a 2018 Super Sport. I got mine in Belfast and it was a doddle. The 3 yr warranty is valid all over Europe too, so no concerns there either.

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The only problem is that you could be left waiting - especially for such a specific spec!

Even if an Irish Veloce came up for sale, there's more choice and better value from the UK. I imported my 2018 Veloce from the UK a few months back for the same cost as a Dublin dealer wanted for a 2018 Super Sport. I got mine in Belfast and it was a doddle. The 3 yr warranty is valid all over Europe too, so no concerns there either.
You are right, and I remember your current car disappearing from my bookmarks:) (I'm not sure about the warranty, AR specifically mentioned in an email to an enquiry from a fellow Alfisti that the warranty only valid in the "territory" the car was originally sold. I guess you got a dealer warranty, which is nice.)

My main issue with getting a car from the UK is the uncertainty of the VRT. I know that they are absolutely clueless at the desk, when I imported my 166 I had to ask the "expert" not to spell it as A L P H A Romeo in the logbook.

But it's not just the uninterested "expert", if you look at the calculator, there are 2 Veloce entries there in the model list, one with turbo, and one without turbo. All Giulias are turbo, yet, the difference in VRT is about 2k euros, and it's a big difference for me.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
You are right, and I remember your current car disappearing from my bookmarks:) (I'm not sure about the warranty, AR specifically mentioned in an email to an enquiry from a fellow Alfisti that the warranty only valid in the "territory" the car was originally sold. I guess you got a dealer warranty, which is nice.)

My main issue with getting a car from the UK is the uncertainty of the VRT. I know that they are absolutely clueless at the desk, when I imported my 166 I had to ask the "expert" not to spell it as A L P H A Romeo in the logbook.

But it's not just the uninterested "expert", if you look at the calculator, there are 2 Veloce entries there in the model list, one with turbo, and one without turbo. All Giulias are turbo, yet, the difference in VRT is about 2k euros, and it's a big difference for me.
And possibly I will be buying it off you in 5-7 years ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts

I had to investigate this when I imported mine. The difference in the calculator is because in 2018, a new standard (WLTP) for measuring emissions was introduced. I'm no expert, but from what I understand, WLTP emissions tests are based on "real world" driving. This means that for many engines, their emissions are higher when measured via the WLTP standard. The Giulia was impacted by this.

See details here: WLTP: New test for certification of fuel consumption, CO<sub>2</sub> and pollutant emissions | Abarth

I think WLTP was introduced around mid 2018. Cars registered before that are on the old system (i.e. they retain the lower emissions) but post-WLTP cars are registered under the higher emissions (even though the engines / emissions are actually the same). My car was registered in Mar 2018. If it had been Aug 2018, the stated emissions would have been higher... so the VRT and motor tax would also have been higher.

So, if you were going to import a Giulia, make sure you double check the emissions on the UK log book so you know whether it's WLTP or not. It makes a difference to VRT and motor tax. The annual motor tax on my Giulia is €390. WLTP cars are €570.

I checked into all of this before I bought mine. The VRT calculator was 100% correct for me. If you're looking at a UK car, but unsure if it's WLTP or not, just check the CO2 emissions associated with the UK registration. Then you'll know which rate to use for the VRT dropdown

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
November: 2 Alfas

Giulia : 2

Petrol : 2

2 - 2.0 Turbo 200hp (or 280hp Veloce ?) : CO2 Band C

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
2 Giulia registrations/sales:

2 - Dublin 2.0. 1 Blue, 1 Grey

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
December : 5 Alfas

Stelvio : 4

1 - 2.0 Turbo 200hp or 280hp Veloce : CO2 Band D

1 - 2.9 V6 Bi-Turbo 510hp Quadrifoglio 🍀

2 - 2.2 JTD 190hp or 210hp : CO2 Band C

----------

Giulia : 1

1 - 2.0 Turbo 200hp (or 280hp Veloce ?) : CO2 Band C

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
4 Stelvio registration/sale:

1 - Dublin 2.0 Grey
1- Kildare 2.9 V6 Black 🍀

1 - Dublin 2.2 Grey
1 - Carlow 2.2 White
----------

1 Giulia registration/sale:

1 - Cork 2.0 Blue

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
2020 Total : 26

Stelvio : 8

Giulia : 9

Giulietta : 9

Not a great year, only the Stelvio & Giulia available for 2021.
The Giulietta has ceased production so only existing stock now available, Sprint trim introduced recently to try to sell existing stock.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts