Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mine has landed. I am in Love.
192 a veloce , misano blue, what a car.
In fairness to Agnelli, they made the morning very special, had the car in the middle of the showroom under a dust cover.
I was nervous for the big unveil but I shouldn't have been. It really is a beautiful car.
They had a few trinkets for my son Tom but when he saw the licence plate he nearly burst. An Alfa fan for ever.
Beautiful, well ware. Is that a Veloce TI? That's the latest spec in the UK I believe.

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Beautiful, well ware. Is that a Veloce TI? That's the latest spec in the UK I believe.
No, the Ti has Carbon mirrors & grill surround as well as dark badges & other extras.

Not sure the Ti is available here, it's not listed on the configurator anyway. It's got a £6K premium in the UK over the standard Veloce, an expensive way of getting the Veloce in the UK with factory fitted 19" alloys with the same design as the QV 5 hole wheels ;)

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
July : 5 Alfas

Stelvio : 2

Diesel : 2

1 - 2.2 JTD 180hp or 210hp : CO2 Band B1

1 - 2.2 JTD 190hp or 210hp : CO2 Band C

----------

Giulia : 3

Petrol : 1

1 - 2.0 Turbo 280hp Veloce : CO2 Band D

2 - 2.2 JTD 150bhp or 180bhp : CO2 Band A3

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
2 Stelvio registrations/sales:

Diesel: 2
2 - Dublin 2.2, 1 Red, 1 Grey

----------

3 Giulia registrations/sales:

1 - Dublin 2.0 Veloce Misano Blue, An AOers ;)

2 - Dublin 2.2 Red

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, Its good to be unique. The only Veloce last month. Kind off good, I would like a little more company . Really surprised they are not selling more of them.
3 weeks in and I am loving it. Great car. No problems so far.
The only thing is the really low milage. 14.1 l/100kms = 20.1 mpg. This is much more than I was expecting. I can understand the first tank ( had to test the handling:blabla::rotate::blabla:
but after that I have been keeping an eye on the consumption. Last tank 13.4 l/100kms and that was not start stop city driving.
Anyway at least I get a lot of admiring glances when I am filling her up in the petrol station.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah, Its good to be unique. The only Veloce last month. Kind off good, I would like a little more company . Really surprised they are not selling more of them.
3 weeks in and I am loving it. Great car. No problems so far.
The only thing is the really low milage. 14.1 l/100kms = 20.1 mpg. This is much more than I was expecting. I can understand the first tank ( had to test the handling

but after that I have been keeping an eye on the consumption. Last tank 13.4 l/100kms and that was not start stop city driving.
Anyway at least I get a lot of admiring glances when I am filling her up in the petrol station.
I guess it is a 300bhp car (276 is very conservative according to all the Dyno results I have seen). I was talking to a guy with a Hyundai i30N at the weekend and he says he can get 24mpg if he drives very slow but will be in the 14-15mpg range of he drives it on hard. They are similar in terms of power and engine size. It should improve as you break it in though. The ECU on most cars has a break in period.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Samsemtex,
I hope it will improve a bit. I looked at some uk threads, they get better mpg on average but they do have a few owners in a similar boat. They also have higher octane fuel. That probably makes a difference?
On the break in thing. Should I be going easy on the engine. My dealer said not to bother. I have had a classic care rebuilt once. The engine builder was obsesses with a careful break-in period.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks Samsemtex,
I hope it will improve a bit. I looked at some uk threads, they get better mpg on average but they do have a few owners in a similar boat. They also have higher octane fuel. That probably makes a difference?
On the break in thing. Should I be going easy on the engine. My dealer said not to bother. I have had a classic care rebuilt once. The engine builder was obsesses with a careful break-in period.
As a rule of thumb I ignore everything car dealers have to say. I bought a new Isuzu dmax recently and the dealer warned us to never shift to 4WD on the fly as it would break the transmission. Complete nonsense of course. They don't have a clue.

I'd definitely take it easy on the engine for the first 1000km anyway. Maybe it makes no difference but it's not a big ask really and it would give me peace of mind.

You know what's really depressing though. I'm here trying to find a Veloce or a really nice spec Giulia in the UK and it is really difficult. There are very few out there that don't have an all black interior which wouldn't be my preference. But the Irish situation takes the biscuit. I went on to carzone and searched for Giulias, 22 come up. But only one of them actually exists from what I can tell. Half of them are in England and the rest are all just photos Dan Seaman put up in case you want to order one.

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/search-results/

A very sorry state of affairs.

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
August : 3 Alfas

Stelvio : 1

2.0 Turbo 200hp or 280hp : CO2 Band D

----------

Giulia : 1

Diesel : 1

1 - 2.2 JTD 160bhp or 190bhp : CO2 Band B1

----------

Mito : 1

1 - 1.4TM MA 140hp TCT : CO2 Band B1

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
1 Stelvio registration/sale:

1 - Dublin 2.0 Blue

----------

1 Giulia registration/sale:

Diesel : 1
1 - Dublin 2.2 Red

----------

1 Mito registration/sale:

1 - Dublin 1.4 Red

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts

·
Administrator
88,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Not much analysis required !

Roll on 2020 & the 201 plate ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..well the next car they sell will be a 100% sales increase on their September figure :)

Isn't there a mild face lift due for the 2020 cars?

·
Registered
591 Posts
..well the next car they sell will be a 100% sales increase on their September figure :)

Isn't there a mild face lift due for the 2020 cars?
There should be but this is Alfa so I wouldn't bet on it. The 159 never got a facelift or update of any kind really.

The Audi A4 which was revealed after the Giulia (went on sale slightly beforehand though) has already received it's first facelift. How many new models were supposed to be launched by now?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
I remember reading Alfa's product roadmap in 2014. Back then, Alfa planned to have cars in every category by 2016-18. In reality, the only new models they actually released since 2014 are the Giulia & Stelvio. The Giulia is already 3 years old.

Last year, Alfa revised their roadmap, but there's very little in the way of specific models / release dates between now & 2022. Such a shame.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah, I think they are wasting their time with cars like the Giulia and Stelvio if they ignore the Giulietta market. An A3, 1 Series, CLA competitor would have been a much better car to launch before the Giulia. They could have then launched a mini SUV based upon the same platform.

Anyway, it's not like this is new. How many times in the last 20 years have Alfa actually dropped a car without replacing it in the lineup? 145/146 was dropped well before the 147 was ready. The 164 was dropped before the 166 was ready. Same with the 159/Giulia. The 166 wasn't replaced. The MiTo has been dropped without replacement. I honesty have no idea how the company has survived this long.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
81 - 100 of 116 Posts