Fax:051 304336
Email:[email protected]

McGuigan Motors

Muckno Street
Castleblaney
Co.Monaghan

Phone: 042 9740144

--------------------

It'll be interesting to see what affect the new registration system of 131 & 132 will have on the distribution of numbers through the year.

*Sales/Registration numbers & details
provided by SIMI Motorstats​

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly a great start to 2013, regardless of all the changes ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I visited a main dealer today and inquired about a new Giulietta or maybe a Mito. I need a diesel with the mileage I'm doing and my 166 is now at 263000 miles, costing me a small fortune on petrol. Firstly I was told the Mito is ' not really available' anymore. Then, when I was asking about finance on a new Giulietta he was not interested, rather try and get me to buy one of 3 poverty spec pre-reg cars he had sitting out front, none of which interested me. Dealers just don't seem to care about selling Alfas, the guy today showed absolutely no enthusiasm when I inquired about a new car. I'm not surprised there were zero Alfa sales in January.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
these number are quite bad not just because the country is plagued with horrible looking avensis and hyunday things, but also how would be able to buy cheap "pre-owned" Alfas in a few years time?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good question Gav, I'm actually genuinely interested in a diesel Mito, purely as an economical daily car, it would half my monthly fuel bill and I could insure my girlfriend on it. My 166 needs work to pass an NCT but I think I'll just put her through it. Salesman had no interest in discussing a Mito, said they had one but sent it back, in other words they couldn't sell it. I'll try another dealer and see what the response might be...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Good question Gav, I'm actually genuinely interested in a diesel Mito, purely as an economical daily car, it would half my monthly fuel bill and I could insure my girlfriend on it. My 166 needs work to pass an NCT but I think I'll just put her through it. Salesman had no interest in discussing a Mito, said they had one but sent it back, in other words they couldn't sell it. I'll try another dealer and see what the response might be...
Which dealership was that Ed?

·
Registered
131 Posts
It does make you wonder what sort of business will turn away a potential customer in the current climate?
Klapanciusz has a fair point there, as the current crop of 147/156/GTs age there will be fewer used Alfas coming on the market.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I found Waterford Motor Village to be pretty helpful. However, there does seem to be some issue with getting cars ordered in through Alfa Romeo Ireland (or what's left of it), particularly Mitos.

My local FIAT dealer (Lee, Cork) was also more than happy to order a Giulietta for me. Remember that any garage can now order a car from any manufacturer: the days of main-dealer only sales disappeared about ten years ago when the manufacturers' special exemption to the EU free movement of goods laws expired.

·
Registered
79 Posts
just to add my bit to this as worked with audi for a while and asked the sales team who were all dribbling over an a5 import that a customer just drove in with why we did not get special spec car and limited edition spec as they do in the uk was told by sales manager that all the executive hi car brands really cant be arsed with the irish market as it is to small a volume to invest in and get screwed over on vrt with hi spec standard cars so don't bother think alfa now going down same road

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, they sold nothing in January!?

Could anyone guess at the possible dangers of buying an Alfa and then the brand just pulls out of the country completely? Donkeys years ago my Dad drove a Proton (I know, don't judge, money was tight!) and had to sell it because they upped sticks and left the country.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Well TBH Levente , it wont bother me as I wont be buying a new car ever again , I worked out that over my Alfa ownership (1999 >) I've spent 126,000 yoyo's on Alfa's . Looking at a guy in a 96 starlet last night and was wondering which one of us is the fool , I decided it was me !

So Alfa dealers or not my cars (Alfa's) in the future will be second hand and serviced by indies ..

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
February : 1 Alfa

Mito : 1
Diesel : 1
1 - 1.3 16v JTDM-2 95 Bhp : CO2 Band A

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The Mito is White & registered in Tipperary.

So Alfa dealers or not my cars (Alfa's) in the future will be second hand ..

It appears you aren't alone in your descision going by the numbers so far ;)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts