Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ipod Interface.jpg Hello,

I'm new to this forum. My car is a silver 159 (115hp) an d I love driving it an just have a look at it.
I'm just not so happy with the OEM radio. Receiving is not so good.
So I am looking for an option to upgrade my stereo, either with an aftermarket radio or with an Ipod connection.
I wonder if the Blaupunk Ipod Interface (not Bluetooth)works with the OEM(not Bose) radio.
If yes, how does it work? Does it remember last position? Have to work with playlists?Is it difficult to replace the radio for an aftermarket (maybe Alpine CDE9850Ri) and would it not give problems for the CAN system?

Hope to get some info soon and thanks in advance,

Scherpen

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome along :)

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Hi there and welcome

The answer to your problem is a gadjet from Belkin

Its called a FM tunebase for your Ipod

It works on any radio and is wireless you plug it into your lighter socket, and it has a cradle that has adaptors for all ipods.

You tune your car stereo to a signal that has not got a broadcast on that chanel.

Then tune your ipod with the belkin device to that station, The device then transmits to your car stero over that channel...no wires....

and you can use all your stero functions for the signal recieved....

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/product/Belkin-TuneBase-FM-Black-Car--Plane-Charger-FM-Transmitter-Car-Mount-for-Apple-iPod-nano-F8Z0/28851734.html

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts