... great for web surfing, email and watching vdeis. :thumbs: :cool:

Not really that good for playing music though. :(

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... great for web surfing, email and watching vdeis. :thumbs: :cool:

Not really that good for playing music though. :(
How so? I just put all my eggs in one basket and got an iPhone, been pretty happy with the audio playback so far.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The audio just never seems that good.
Even with the Bose cans.

Just never seems to be as good as the
old iRiver I had.

Even my phone seems to sound better. :eek:

No graphic equaliser maybe the problem?

Rubbish onboard playlist support.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've always found the Sonys to be better, and cheaper and there's always some good deals going around on outgoing models - I recently picked up a 16GB with stereo bluetooth (very good bluetooth headset included, full sized one rather than the mini type though) for £80 new. Whatever you have, bin the standard earphones though, most are pants although the Sony are better than most.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
iPhone sounds fantastic with my etymotics hf2s!
16gb isn't a lot, the most they had at the time, but enough for my fave albums in non-lossy format, and random selection of other albums that I change every few months.

Standard headphones are rubbish obviously, but there is no reason to increase costs of the phone for the peoplevwho won't notice the difference, and the people that do will have decent headphones anyway.

I highly highly recommend the etymotics to any apple user, I think I have a good ear for what constitutes accurate sound and these are gimmick free portals to a world of sonic excellence. It's like being given a new brain to listen to music with they make everything sound so real and natural.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Is the current Touch worse than the current Nano? I have the Nano and I think the sound is OK for a portable player. I use Sennheiser PX100 headphones with it and Sennheiser 'ear canal' headphones if I'm out and about. (Can't remember the model number). I agree the Apple headphones sound awful and they are also seriously uncomfortable. I love the Nano itself though. Very cool toy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts