Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 159 was built a few months to early to have blue & me

Therefore I need to find a way of connection my shuffle to the car

My question is is there a standard aux output at the back of the Blaupunkt Alfa939CD?

·
Registered
779 Posts
As far as I know , the 939 is the same unit as used in the Blue&ME setup.

I believe that you should find a blue plug on the back of the headunit that is the one used on the Blue&ME version for the USB connection but , I think on the CD ones its plugged into the CD changer.

I know that Connects2 make such a cable (blue plug to USB) for the 937 used in 147/156s but don't know if this works with the 939 in the 159.
Failing that , you might be lucky and find someone here on the forums that has done an upgrade to an aftermarket headunit that may sell you the blue plug to USB port cable :)

N

·
0 Posts
It will fit.

Whether it will work is another matter entirely.

It used to work on the original model 147s.
On later (manufactured) 147s you had to short
a couple of pins out.
Then on even later models it didn't work at all.

Which is the status on the 159/Brera?SPider, unless someelse
knows different.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's £6.79 + £2.00 P&P so as long as it can make music play, not worried about controls or display.......

Just want to hear my music:rant:

·
Registered
779 Posts
OK , the blue plug is used for the CD changer or the USB port.
I would be surprised if just connectting the low-gain feed of a device will work alone. I would guess (and thats all it is) that the system would also require some sort of 'signal' to tell the unit something is plugged into the blue plug (along the lines of the short Nev mentioned).

No harm in buying the cable at that price and hoping. Might work 'out of the box' or need someone to check the pin-outs of the unit schematic to find the signal wire so you can short it. AT £9 if it doesn't work at all it's not a major loss.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the blue plug is the "in" for a CD changer, then my theory is that my iPod will play......

As I mentioned, not worried about display, just want sound

·
Registered
40 Posts
I want to do the same as you, but I thought it was far more complicated. I'm on the verge of buying the part referred to here, which is £100 inc vat.

Like you, I don't care about the display, so if your cable works I'll be happy. I assume I've got the same stereo as you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same one as shown in that link

Have now joined the forum and asked if they think the lead will work

If I get a positive repsonse, will order one tomorrow and try it out

N

·
0 Posts
Guys, do a thread search as there are many old threads
about using the CDC audio input as an aux-in and whether
is still works or not.

I have a feeling not.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only want positive answers and replies please:tut:

Surely this is the same aux in that blue & me uses?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I only want positive answers and replies please:tut:

Surely this is the same aux in that blue & me uses?
Yes , the blue plug is basically an AUX in and it is the same plug that is used for either a CD changer or the USB socket of the Blue&ME system.
It certainly does have low gain inputs for AUX in and a few other pins for signals and power.
The only concern would be if the 939 needs a 'signal' to tell it that a device is present on that blue plug cable.
I will see if I can find the pin-outs for some clues.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Not the exact 939 diagram but close enough :)
in the top-right you can see a block of 8 pins , this is the blue plug/socket. On the cable you are buying they are using CD-L,CD-R and CD-Gnd for the left and right channels (and ground).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Not the exact 939 diagram but close enough :)
in the top-right you can see a block of 8 pins , this is the blue plug/socket. On the cable you are buying they are using CD-L,CD-R and CD-Gnd for the left and right channels (and ground).
Does that mean it will work?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, okay. I'm really sorry if any of my
responses have caused you offence.

Good luck with finding positive responses then.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least (my wife) I have solved the annoying rattle from behind the dash.....

It was the rear veiw mirror, when auto dip is turned off the rattle went and now I have a silent car:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 27 Posts