Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had this in my 147 for the last 5 years and it's always worked fine. Have recently traded her for a GT which has the latest version SATNav unit which this is not compatible with. TBH, with the sound of the busso and the 10 disc changer for occasional blasts I haven't missed having the iPod in the car!

The one I have is this one - Alfa Romeo Part Shop | ACCESSORIES | IPOD LEAD for 147 ALL MODELS from Veloces of London. £30 quid posted. PM me if interested.

Cheers.

V

·
0 Posts
If you do get a hankering for your ipod music collection after you've got over the initial flush of lust for the Busso soundtrack, these are rather good: ALFA ROMEO*::*XCarLink

It plugs into the CD Changer socket at the back of the radio, and your steering wheel controls still work.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you do get a hankering for your ipod music collection after you've got over the initial flush of lust for the Busso soundtrack, these are rather good: ALFA ROMEO*::*XCarLink

It plugs into the CD Changer socket at the back of the radio, and your steering wheel controls still work.
Similar to the one I'm selling but see that it does work with NAV+. May give that a go at some point thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ipod Issues

I had a X Car Link which worked fine in my old 2002 156 but seem to have issues with either the Ipod, X-CarLink or my 2007 GT (with BOSE) ......sometimes it doesn't recognise the Ipod, other times it plays so faint you can't hear it, I can't change folders but sometimes I can change tracks within a folder...just very inconsistent and annoying.....any ideas please ??

V

·
0 Posts
Oh dear, it sounds to me like the XCarLink may have developed a fault. Have you tried cleaning/remaking all the connections?

The XCarLink takes raw digital out of the iPod and converts it into analogue. So a faint output would suggest it is responsible. Can you confirm that no other sources present the same fault, ie the radio or CD slot? And taken with the intermittency of the steering wheel control capability, I think that also points to the XCarLink.

I should imagine your unit is out of warranty, but have you tried contacting XCarLink for advice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
VO2 Max....tks for the reply. X-Car Link said along the same lines to check all connections. Seems weird that it worked ok-ish for a while and has now stopped but guess that's Alfa electrics for you. CD and radio play fine :depressed::depressed:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts